7.30.2012

.my | jackson.

Well... My Jackson Allen Shirley is about to go to kindergarten, and I truly felt like this day was never going to come. He is my baby! Kindergarten, really? I still remember the drive, the quiet drive to the hospital April 15, 2007. I had never seen Matt so nervous in our entire realtionship. We were about to have a baby...

He was a week over-due and it felt like he was never coming. He was too comfortable where he was. He has always been my cuddler. And I love it!

He is now 5 years old, and he is going to Kindergarten in 2 weeks. Am I ready? I thought I was more than ready. Now that I am sitting her writting this, I am not so sure.
I am emotional...
I am nervous...
I am anxious...
I am excited...
I am scared...
I am his Mom...

BUT
He is excited...
He is smart...
He is friendly...
He is social...
He is silly...
He is Jackson Shirley...

Here goes nothin'

3 comments:

Cyndi said...

I remember having all of those exact same feelings when my kiddos started Kindergarten... dropping them off, trying to hide the tears (me, not them), and anxiously awaiting for their return. Don't worry, around the 2nd week, it gets easier... when they've made friends and they start telling you how great their teacher is... it's then that you realize there's no turning back! Believe me, I tried to convince my "baby" to stay home with me forever! lol.

Sheryl said...

awwww....tough one for sure! our amazing little man starting school. He is going to grow, and flourish in that social world. We are just going to be so happy for all that our little man accomplishes!! Go Jackson...Go Mommy!!

Sundbergs said...

It is so hard sending them off to school. He will do great and I know you ahve prepared him. It is hard the first few days but you will see him loving it and it makes it so much easier. Can't wait to see pictures