Last week was the first week of this fabulous concept.
MONDAY NIGHT: Christy Eaton
TUESDAY NIGHT: Heidi Shirley
WEDNESDAY NIGHT: Rachel Lewis
So this is how it works. We each take a turn making dinner through the week for all 3 families. When it is our night, we make & deliver the dinner to the other 2 families. Which means we get an entire dinner made & delivered 2 times a week, and I don't have to make a thing. And this last week we had enough left overs so I didn't have to cook on Thursday either! I'll be honest when it was my turn on Tuesday I felt like I was going to lose it. I had Daphne crying in her high chair, Jackson running a muck & dinner had to be delivered at 6:00pm {granted it didn't get there till 6:20, but made it nonetheless}. But when I didn't have to worry about dinner on Monday & Wednesday... it was BLISS! And we even got a dessert too! But this is what my kitchen looked like, and thats after cleaning up a few things.
I'm pretty sure it's totally worth it! This is a trial month, so we will see if everyone agrees that they like it enough to continue!

15 comments:
Great idea! My step-mom had a group that got together once a week I think and they swapped then and the dinner was something that could be frozen so all they had to do is thaw and cook it. Just another idea!
Its the cutest idea! I love it!!
Fun idea and very creative!!!
What a great idea! Like you, I would hate it when it was my turn to cook, but man, when I didn't, it would be bliss!
I LOVE dinner swaps! We did that in our last ward and LOVED it. We only did it one night a week, but it was still nice to have dinner brought in one night for the month. I think it is a great idea. Don't worry you'll get the hang of it and you'll get some great new recipe ideas. Oh, by the way Daphne is ADORABLE!!!!!
SOunds like a good idea to me, but I bet your day is rough. Hoep this week is a little better
Great idea! Maybe I'll have to try it! However, I think I would be stressed on my night too!
good idea...how do you guys decide on the meals though? is it a surprise what you get delivered and what you deliver to others...could be scary! p.s.did you guys agree on a price range so you don't spend more on say a heartier meal with meats etc and then get a "cheaper" mac and cheese type dinner in return?
sounds like a great idea!!!! Love the kitchen :)
I would be stressin' if I had to do that, but I am sure it is worth it the nights you dont have to cook! Its a great idea! Good Luck to you on your nights of cookin'
What a cute idea. The hardest part of cooking dinner is decided what to make, now you only have to worry about that a couple times a week, and having a home cooked meal delivered has got to be way better for you than having a pizza delivered right? Keep us posted on how this works out for all of you.
This is a super idea. Wish I lived closer to you so I could get in on the action!
sounds like fun... though I don't see anything funny about your kitchen! :) After I've cooked it looks like a bomb went off!!
WEIRD!! We just started a dinner swap this week too! I was totally reluctant to sign on, but it was really nice. We are doing it with 3 other couples, so great! Good luck and, hopefully, enjoy! -Leah
Some friends in FL did this and LOVED it. Wish I had some friends here! Good way to get dinner recipes too, I bet. GOOD LUCK!
Post a Comment