9.21.2009

Race day...

Matt and I just returned from our family road trip to Utah {Daphne's first}. The biggest reason we went was so that Matt could go to the BYU vs Florida game, but just so happened to want to run a race on the same day. He was little crazy to do that, since he ran a MARATHON. And of course I forgot to bring my camera for the race day, along with a few other things.
So we drove to Utah Wednesday afternoon, and made a stop to see our good friends the Winn Family. Jackson and Zoe really got along well. Zoe wanted J to stay and watch a movie, but we had to get back on the road {Thanks for the yummy pizza!}. We ended up getting into Lehi around 11:30 pm, and went straight to bed. Then Thursday afternoon we decided to take Jackson to see a temple. He LOVED it! So we had to get a few pictures, and J had to take a few as well. Then we went back to the house and started dinner, and had Leanna and Baby Azaleia come by for a visit. So much fun seeing her again!
Friday we didn't do too much since we were heading out to Tremonton to stay with the Christensen's the night before the race. So we met up with Lisa at Temple Square in Salt Lake and walked around the grounds, and made sure J got to see the Christis in the Visitors Center, along with many other things they have there. While we were walking around Temple Square Jackson saw a bride taking some bridal pictures, and as soon as he saw her he said, "Cingrella." So now whenever we ask J where he is getting married he says, "Cingrella, in temple." and while we were sitting looking at Christ in the visitors center, we told J it was time to go, and he got SO sad. He truly didn't want to leave, and ever since we left he says, "Jesus coming soon." Then we said goodbye to J, and drove on to Tremonton UT to stay with our friends the Christensen's. They fed us some pasta {just what we needed} then headed over to see some more of the Christensen family that lives there in Tremonton. Then we headed back to Blake and Holly's place to sleep. As soon as we get to bed Daphne needed to eat, then wakes up again to feed in the night. Blake was kind enough to take Matt to the Marathon since he had to be there a good 2 hours before my 5K, so that I could get an extra hour of sleep, and get Daphne fed before leaving her with Holly {such great, and generous people!}. Then I headed over to the 5K race around 6:15. The race started at 7:30. Before we ever left for UT from CO, I told Matt that we needed another ipod so that I could keep a rhythm, and keep up with my time, but unfortunately we didn't get one, and I had to suffer the consequences {meaning I ran an 11 minute mile, yes... SAD, and OH SO SLOW!!! (I wasn't planning on sharing that information, but since I did have a baby 3 months ago, I guess I don't feel too bad about it) }. Then Blake and Holly brought Daphne to the race finish line a little after 9, and we waited for Matt to come across the finish line. He did really well. His goal was 3 hours and 45 minutes, and came in at 3 hours and 50 minutes. NOT BAD! However, he is feeling the affects of it STILL. I think, and he thinks he could have trained a little better.
Then we headed back to Lehi to shower, and head over to Provo, where Matt, Lisa, and Spencer went to the football game, while Jackson, Daphne and myself went to spend some time with my Aunt Lori, Uncle Brent and their adorable William. We had a great time catching up, and visiting, while Jackson and Will had a great time playing together. Then of course a delicious dinner!Sunday we got up, packed the car, and got to Lisa and Spencer's sacrament meeting, then headed home for Colorado.

13 comments:

Tera said...

A marathon? That is amazing. Kudos to him. Not very many people can ever say that they have run a marathon. He is in an elite club. I ran a 5k on the fourth of July. It was hard and that was no where near a marathon.

Shannon said...

Holly COw what a busy trip. I'm very impressed with your running skilz. What fun!

Sheryl said...

Yay for the runners!! You had quite a trip :) Our boy is so smart and in tune...I love it! Good job mom and dad!

Sara said...

ok all the other stuff is cool but this is how i read it blah blah blah...I RAN A 5K AND I HAD A BABY 3 MONTHS AGO! such small print for such an amazing accomplishment. Heidi, i am so proud of you. and don't dis the 11 min mile. SSSSSome people i know, might die trying to do that. i might be able to run the first mile in 11 min but honestly the next 2 would take me 20 min each. i wish i was there to give you a GIGANTIC pat on the back.. way to go GIRl love ya.

Noel said...

Good for you both! I can't believe you ran the entire thing. WAY TO GO. Sad we missed you! One day I know the stars wil allign and I'll be able to see you again!

Jenn said...

Looks like you guys had a fun little trip to Utah! So fun you got to stay with Blake and Holli and also got to see the Christensens!! What great people they are!

Erin said...

I do not like running so I am very impressed!!!

Sundbergs said...

I am impressed that is awesome.

Elise said...

Sounds like a jam packed, fun-filled, goal-reaching vacation! Nice work guys!

Carissa said...

Glad you had another great trip.

Unknown said...

Thanks for coming to visit! I still smile when I think of Jackson and "Part of Your World"! :} He is so cute!!

Christensen Family said...

It was so fun to have you guys down. I hope that Matt is feeling better. I can imagine how sore he must be. Once again I am amazed that you ran the race just 3 months having a baby! You both did so awesome! Little Daphne is so cute and such a good baby. She got me baby hungry again!! :0

Tupou's said...

who did you stay with in Lehi? Great job on the races. I need to do one of those.