9.07.2009

Labor Day...

{sorry in advance with the amount of photos and I didnt have my camera for the first half of the day.}
Well, let me tell you about this place that we have been hearing about for a while now. It really reminds me a place in Norco where I grew up called Cowgirl Cafe. But this little ditty is called "The Pepper Pod." OH SO GOOD! We knew we wanted to go this last Saturday morning, so... we went, and it did NOT disappoint. I got the biscuits and gravy, and Matt got the french toast, and Jackson got a waffle. We loved it all and were stuffed {and let me tell you I was feeling a little guilty with my Weight Watchers points that went out the window that day}.
Well, we thought,"why not go again on our day off..." once again... points out the window. We were able to invite and enjoy our breakfast with the Osbourn Family.
Then we decided to head to the Denver Zoo for a few hours. It really was packed, but since the place is so big, it really wasn't a big deal at all. Jackson of course LOVED seeing all the animals, and kept talking about "Zemba," we were thinking that he was really anxious to see the zebra's but, no he was saying "Simba." Its the first thing you see when you walk in the Denver Zoo, the Lions. It was really cool to see them so close up, of course behind the glass. I think that was the first time Jackson actually got to see them so close. I think he was a little scared at first, but then wanted to hang out there all day. But we made it around the rest of the Zoo, and headed home around 2:00. Daphne slept the entire time we were there, and decided it was time to eat as soon as we got to the car.
Once we got home after a quick stop to the store, we were able to pack up again and head over to our friends the Lewis'. This family is so great! We love spending time with them. We had some delicious pulled pork and ribs, along with some delicious sides. And some great company in the Lewis' and Crawford's. Then we all headed out to the backyard for some good times!!!


and of course dessert!


Happy Labor Day!

7 comments:

Traci Elizabeth said...

Looks like a great Day!!!!! Daphne is getting so big!

Emily said...

What a wonderful day Heidi!! I am so happy for you :) I have cheated already on my diet too! Go figure, lots of changes at work = diet thrown out the window. Our wedding day is scheduled for April 10, 2010. We are excited!

Ashley said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Those WW points are hard to keep within. Don't feel too guilty, just get yourself back on track!

Sheryl said...

So glad you had such a great day! Lots to fill one day with!! Good stuff little family. My girl is getting too big!

Carolyn Baggett said...

Heidi, you are looking SKINNY! you really look great. and your family is so cute!

Leanna said...

So fun my Heidi! I'm so glad you are having fun and meeting some fun people! You're amazing!

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

Looks like fun! Wish we could have been there! :(