8.31.2009

Daphne Jill

So since we were in California when Daphne turned 2 months old, I have been a slacker and just barely took her for her 2 month well baby check up {she will be 3 months on the 7th}. But she had to get shots today. No fun for me. Especially since they make you hold them down while they torture the baby. She actually did fairly well. She did cry, but only for about 5 minutes, then slept for a solid 2 hours. She is a trooper! I just love this girl.

A picture of her first bandaids... poor baby.

  • She has already slept for a good 8 hours a few nights.
  • She takes great naps through the day {if she is in her swing}.
  • She is pretty much a happy baby.
  • She is such a smiler and loves to "talk" when someone is giving her, her much needed attention.
  • She has recently discovered her hands, and thinks they are the coolest thing ever.
  • She has great neck/ head control, and has started tummy time, but doesn't let us keep her there for long.
  • She is so ready to move and groove.

Those are just some of the fun things she is doing these days! I am going to try to be better about these things with Daphne than I was with Jackson. OH, and here are her stats...

12 lbs 5 oz. {50%}

23 3/4 in. {53%}

We just love her!

12 comments:

Leanna said...

That was definitely hard for me too! Ernesto laughed at me because I think I cried more than the baby. :) To be a mom...what feelings that rush into your life...it's amazing! She is growing so fast my Heidi...and so beautiful!

Julia Holmes said...

She is soooo cute!!! She already looks so different. So crazy. Tehy grow so fast at first.

Sundbergs said...

She is such a cutie. It is amazing how fast they grow the first year.

Sheryl said...

My poor bubba girl! those is some cute legs! Kisses for my kids!

Britney Wardle said...

heidi! she's so adorable! hope you guys are doing great!!!

Hillary said...

She is so cute!

Sara said...

i hate those dang shots. what sweetie though. i love how she is pointing to her band aide. i can't believe how much she has changed already. she looks so grown up. xoxo

Jenn said...

What a doll! I am sad I didn't get to see you guys when you were down the beg. of Aug! Brayden had a doc appt today and weighed in @ 12 lbs. 3 oz.! crazy!!

Unknown said...

cute thing! i hate those torture appointments!

Christensen Family said...

Oh she is so cute! How is having two kids? I'm sure you are doing great! Your kids are adorable.

Elise said...

Cute little leggies!! Babies are just so dang adorable!! Look at that sweet little face. . . . cutie pie.

Erin said...

heidi you are so cute. Whenever i post a HOUSE POST i think to myself "heidi is going to like this one" i do. YOu always offer support in our crazy makeovers. SO thank you!!!

AND.....can that baby seriously get any cuter???? seriously?