6.01.2009

there is an end...

WARNING...
TO ALL THE MEN THAT READ THIS THERE IS SOME WOMANLY CONTENT... BEWARE...
Let me first start with Saturday...
We went to a friends house for a fun game night, and started talking about my doctor and what he is and isn't willing to do, and I know a woman in my ward that had the same doc and said that he wouldn't induce till 41 weeks. SO, with that, Annie told me that she took Castor Oil and it put her into labor and broke her water within 8 hours. So I of course wasn't about to go 41 weeks again {like I did with Jackson}, and was willing to do anything. Before we started our games for the night, Annie and I went to walmart and got some Castor oil and down it went. I took half bottle, hoping and praying that I would go into labor within the 8 hours. At 3:30 am that next morning the contractions started. and by 4:00 I was ready to run out the door. I called my doctor and he told me to get to the hospital. At this point I still hadn't packed a bag, so that's what I was doing for the next 15-20 minutes while I was trying to get Matt out of bed {he really doesn't like to be woken up}. The bags were packed {Jackson's as well, totally forgot he would need one}, and I called a friend that was gracious enough to take Jackson at 4:30 in the morning {thank you Rachel!}. Once we actually got to the hospital {after getting gas, and dropping off J}, we were hooked up to the monitors soon, and then went through the many questions {have you ever taken street drugs?}, and then monitored the contractions, checked the cervix {dilated to a 3}, then monitored the babies movement, and nothing really changed within the 5 hours we were there. So, they sent us home. I cried the whole way home... NOT HAPPY! and the contractions continued till 5:30 that night. And since then I have had quite a few contractions.
Then this morning, I had an appointment this morning, and talked with the Doctor. Since my mom is coming in Friday afternoon, and leaving Wednesday night, I told him that I needed to be induced on my due date {June 7th-Sunday}, and he says, "I'll be out of town Sunday, I will actually be gone Thursday through Sunday, so how about we try for Monday. I really don't want to induce before your due date. So I will call and set that up." I really would like the help when we get home. My mom will then be here just while we are in the hospital. SO we are really hoping that this baby comes before Monday. BUT... my mother in law is coming on the 12th for a whole week! I am so blessed! Then, Matt will take time off.
I have lost my mucus plug {this morning} and am hoping that, that is a good sign. I have been going on walks often, and I will NOT be finishing that last half of the Castor oil bottle.
So, to anyone that has sympathy for a 9 month pregnant woman... prayers are greatly appreciated!

21 comments:

Dana & Genni Bain said...

i don't know why dr.s give us such a hard time on being induced. seriously! the longer you wait the more weight the baby puts on and all the more anxious we get...so not fun! so i will pray for your little girl to get here, asap..i wanna see pictures.

Emily said...

I will start praying for you!!! I am so excited for you, I heard it is easier the second time around!

Jessica said...

Oh so close! I am sorry that it didn't work for you. I have heard some bad stories about using Castorol Oil so I am glad that nothing scary happened. I can't relate since I always go so early and am praying that they stay in. I can only imagine your frustration though. It sounds like you could go anytime on your own. Hang in there. We will pray for you. It will all work out. We are anxious to see pictures of her.

Ashley said...

I think Kennedy came a day or two after I lost my mucus plug. I bet she's just about ready to come out! Hang in there. As you know, it seems like she will never come, and then all of a sudden she'll be a year old. She will come. :)

Leanna said...

My Heidi...you are brave to have taken the castor oil...I'm way too chicken. I heard some women throw up and nastiness with that. I'm so sorry My Heidi...I hope baby comes earlier too, especially because you need your mommy afterwards. Thinking and praying for you! Love, Banna

Traci Elizabeth said...

I can't believe your progress is so slow with your second pregnancy! you poor thing....I will be thinking of you!

Kim said...

ah that bites!!! I really really hope you go into labor soon.

The Greens said...

oh heidi, good luck! with riley it took a day after i lost the mucus plug. with eva it was the same night. we'll be praying for you.

Jeni said...

I'm sending labor vibes to you now!! I hope you go into labor soon!!!! Crazy dr. he should be helping you, not making you wait.

Julia Holmes said...

Sorry that your Dr. is being so unhelpful. You are in our prayers. I am sure it will happen soon :).

Sheryl said...

hEY BABY DOLL! Hang in there...this biz is so worth it, and ya know we have to get good a miserable to make it desirable to want to go thru labor!! Can't wait for Friday when I get to hold her and kiss her and love her and take LOTS of pictures!! Kisses to alllll of my Shirley family!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I see this in my future!!!
Girl GOOD LUCK!!! I really, really, hope that you will be able to go naturally into labor before Monday, I hope all of this is preparing you for a fast and easy labor since you are already progressing! So sorry you had to be sent home when you thought you would be meeting your little girl that day. Hang in there, she will be here in no time!

jeanine said...

At least there's an end in sight! I hope you go before that though!

Sundbergs said...

You poor thing. I hope that you go into labor sonner so you can have more help. Hang in there you are awesome.

Unknown said...

I am emailing you the recipe to Chad's sauce with hot italian sausage! It put me into labor that night! :)

Erin said...

You are brave trying the castor oil. I have never and won't because I can barely keep in water. But hey it sounds like yours is moving along at least! Prayers coming your way! Good luck.

Elise said...

I do have sympathy for you. . . but I just can't help but be SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for you!! I can't wait to see what she is going to look like!! Good luck!

Lisa Webb said...

have you tried pumping, i know it sounds werid but i heard it can bring on contractions, never know if any of this stuff is safe so i stick to the walking and alot of what the bishop told derrick and i when we got married, to "enjoy each other" if you know what i mean "wink wink" that will move things along.
Since I'm not there can i send derrick over sometime, he could take the trash out, practice golf with j, do some dishes and any other household stuff you need so matt can be all yours. Let me know I am serious. He spends monday and thursday nights in Colorado springs but has wednesdays and saturdays (and sundays of course) off so let me know. I'M SERIOUS!!!'

love you pretty mama!

Noel said...

SOOO SOOO sorry! I was just there (kind of)... NEXT TIME YOU MUST CHECK TO MAKE SURE THE DR WILL INDUCE BEFORE YOUR DUE DATE! Mercy! What a stinker! I am surprised since it's your second that he won't.. I don't like him one bit. I am praying for you. Hopefully you are in the hospital right now@!

Katie Jean said...

you definitely have my sympathy and prayers hi-ho! i know, i was 5 days overdue! hang in there..

Hillary said...

Good luck Heidi, I hope she comes soon. Sorry for your not so fun day at the doctors office.