So my mom was able to be here during the first few days of Daphne's life, and was a huge help. She was at home with Jackson while we were in the hospital, and did the grocery shopping, made dinners, and was always cleaning something. She was such a help.
Then these last few days my mother in law was here and was able to do so much for us as well. It was so nice having someone doing the laundry, the cooking and cleaning. Its already setting in that I will be doing those things now. The dishes have already piled up, the laundry is NEVER ending, and I will have to be making lunches and dinner {not tonight, thanks Jenn!}.
And I totally forgot about the emotional {hormones} side of having a baby. It seems like whenever I drop off family at the airport it is inevitable that I will be crying on the way home. So these last couple weeks have been full of tears, and emotions flying high. I am SO SO blessed to have such a sensitive husband that is so sweet, and willing to take Jackson, and give him the attention that he hasn't had from me since I have been giving so much of my time and energy to Daphne. It has been an adjustment already for not only me, but Matt and Jackson as well. With the transition of J to his big boy bed {falling off 2-3 times a week}, me getting up 3 times a night nursing Daphne, which makes me unavailable to take care of J when he falls off the bed. Then J getting up at 7 and wanting breakfast, which makes Matt get out of bed before 8:00. So I am sure all this will catch up to us one day, but as of now we are dealing with it day by day.
Here are a few pictures from our visit with Grammie Lucy!

15 comments:
Your little man looks so happy to be with his gma and sister! I can see pure joy on his face! What a blessing. They are so sweet together already! Love Bonnie
Hang in there girl, I know that I have no idea what I am in store for but you will do it all, and you will do it all well! You are a great mother, it is wonderful though to have had such support from family while you did!
I'm sure it's hard, but you will survive! I remember how hard it was for me with just one after Kennedy was born. When Daphne starts smiling, it will all go away and will all be worth it. Just hang in there!
oh heidi i know how you are feeling. just don't expect to much from yourself right now, take care of the babies and leave the laundry on the floor. everyone will settle into new routines soon.
Gosh daphne is do adorable. That last picture of her and your mother in law, ahhhh!!!
Can't wait to meet her and to see you!
love you! Lisa
You makin' me tear up girly! Wish you were here for more lovin' and carin'! You will do great, and I am with Lisa, the chores will always be there....just keep lovin on our babies and let Matt help as much as he possibly can, it is good for everyone! Just hard on a momma heart! Love you so much! 16 days!!
It is a busy life for sure, no don't about that! Once you get a routine and schedule down all will fall into place. Just remember...you are not alone.
Heidi your post makes me want to jump on a plane to Colorado! You are such an amazing woman and mother. We are all praying for you and Matt. I know you both are so capable and will do the very best you can! We can't wait to see you!
Don't worry darling, it does get easier. I'm sorry J keeps falling out of his bed. that's always hard and doesn't help his or your or Matt's sleep. I wish I could be closer to help more. Just take it one day at a time and please ask for help. Your sisters close to you are ready to help. You can do it! Sending HUgs!!!
I love the pictures! i can't believe how old Jackson looks!! You guys have the cutest kids
Those are sweet pics. You are doing awesome. Don't worry about the chores too much right now. You will be feeling better soon and that will get easier. As will the sleep thing you know. Just adjusting to it all is hard. I was thinking about adjusting to three will be crazy. Jackson looks like a great helper. Even though it is hard you keep resting and loving that little one. It is hard being away from family I am glad you were able to get help for a while.
The pictures are so cute. It will get easier. Don't let the chores get to you. You need to rest and get better and it is ok if everything doesn't get done right away. I am glad both kids are doing well. I bet it is hard to have family so far. I am glad they wrea ble to come out. It doen get easier as you start to feel better and the baby sleeps more and your hormones even out. you are an awesome mommy, love ya girl.
I'm sure it will all get better and easier! I love seeing pics of a NEW baby though!! Oh, so sweet! I love it!
I found this quote somewhere, I posted it in my Kitchen as a reminder....."Your house will survive neglect; Your children will not" Forget stinkin' Laundry & Dishes, let them pile away!!!
one day it just clicks. I love that you had your mother and in law there to help you! J and D look so much alike!
There will always be something to do around the house, but your kids will not be small for long! Enjoy your children while they are young and the chores will come when there is time!! Also, 2yr olds love to help! Take advantage of when Jackson wants to help you do something!!
So special my Heidi! Your family is so beautiful. I love all the personality beaming from little Jackson. Hope you are doing well! Miss you my Heidi!
Post a Comment