Well, let me just say how blessed I am to have such a happy and healthy little girl join our family. Daphne Jill joined the family at 12:57am June 7th on her due date, and came all on her own. My mom was able to fly in Friday afternoon, and while we were waiting for my mom to come join us, I was sure to have her before I was set to be induced {Monday night}. I started having some heavier contractions that day {Friday}, but nothing consistant enough to send me packing to the hospital, especially since we went in a week prior just to be sent home. So all week I was walking, and cleaning, and reading all about how to put myself into labor. Nothing was working. Daphne was on her own schedule. So Saturday afternoon we headed out to the Brighton Cultural street fair. It was hot, and we just kept walking till the contractions stopped me in my tracks. Once we got home I called my OB, my PA called me back, and said that since the contractions were making me stop whatever I was doing, it was a good idea to pack the bags, and head to the hospital to at least be checked. Once we ate dinner, found someone to take Jackson {THANK YOU AUBONY!} and got to the hospital, I was dialated to a 6 and was 80% effaced...
WE WERE HAVING A BABY!
I was so excited! They called the on-call Doctor {since mine was out of town}, and he came in just before I got my epidural. He was a GREAT Doctor {and we are thinking about changing to him, Doctor Medina}. As I was progressing, and things were looking good, and contractions were getting closer, the nurse said whenever I felt pressure to push. So while they were in and out of the room and as I felt contractions I would bare down just a little. Then the nurse came in and said "Do you think you are ready? Should I get the Doctor in here?" So we decided it was time, and after 3 pushes she was HERE!
7lbs. 4oz.
19 1/2 in.
She definately looks a lot like her brother, but since then she has started to get more of her own look. She is beautiful and we just love her to pieces! Jackson has been a wonderful big brother, and loves to give baby sister kisses and hugs. He often asks to hold her, and cannot get enough of her. He gets worried whenever she cries, and reassures her that it's okay. We are all still adjusting, and love it that we have so much help from my mom right now, and Matt's mom coming Friday afternoon and staying for a whole week. I truly feel SO SO blessed! Just not looking forward to the time after that. Its a bit overwhelming just thinking about it.

27 comments:
She is BEAUTIFUL! I totally see Holmes in her. So glad your mom was able to be there with you and glad everything worked out. I hope I am not too far behind you now! :)
HOW SWEET!! Oh my gosh heidi! Congrats! what a doll she is. She DOES look like Jackson to me in those pics. {by the way. I Like Jacksons haircut! We did the same to Eli. They both look so much older now!} You'll do great when your home alone with your babies. The hardest transition {so, I've heard} is going from NO babies to ONE. You've done that. You know what to do. Love you & Congrats again! I can't wait to meet your sweet GIRL!!!!
3 pushes!!! Holy cow. She is beautiful and don't worry, you are a fabulous momma to Jackson, and it won't take long to get into the rhythm of 2 kids. Pretty soon you'll be able to juggle Jackson and Daphne pretty easily. And remember it's only 6 weeks until she starts smiling, and then everything gets easier. :)
Wow Heidi, she is beautiful. That last picture of your mom with her grandson and granddaughter are priceless. They are all such great pictures. I am so happy for you and we can't wait to see you in July!!
Heidi...it's a beautiful story! What a blessing for your family and for you...a little girl. I'm so glad that Jackson is reacting so well. I'm sure that makes a big difference. She is just beautiful in every way...and I love that babies come when they are ready...it's a lesson for parents from the beginning that they are in charge at times. :D
Yeah, she is so pretty!!!
She is beautiful!! It sounds like everything went smoothly and that J is adjusting well. We are so happy for your family, and hope to be able to meet her soon!
(I think J looks so cute with his little buzzed head, he looks so big!)
She's beautiful and I'm so happy that Jackson's so in love with his little sister! Don't stress about the time when moms are gone. You'll do just fine. It takes a little adjustment but I know you'll be fine! Oh and tell Aubony hi for me! I haven't talked to her in ages! She used to live around the corner from us at Ironwood! Thanks for the pictures! :)
Congrats!!!! She is so beautiful!!!
I am so happy for you! She is beautiful :) I can see how that would be overwhelming!
Way to go Heidi! She is beautiful!!! Glad we were able to help!
BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!! It makes me want to hop in a car and come over to see you and hold her and get a little baby fix!! Jackson looks so sweet with her!!
She's so beautiful! Congrats! Hopefully I will see you soon.
Love the pics of Jackson with her. She is gorgeous!! Great Job Heidi!!!
She is so sweet! And I'm so glad to hear that Jackson is loving being a big brother!
Heidi she is just beautiful. What a wonderful blessing. Enjoy her!
Congrats Heidi!!! You truly have been blessed. What a beautiful little girl! And what an AWESOME delivery.
Congratulations, she is adorable! We are so happy for your cute family!
wow! you're sooo lucky. congrats!
She is so beautiful and you all look so happy! Congrats and Yippie!
Love Bonnie
I get first dibs to hold Daphne when we come in July! Oh, I just want to hold her so badly!
And I'm SO excited to play with Jackson, too. He's at such a fun stage.
Love those kids!
Love all of the pictures. She is beautiful and glad she is here. I loved reading the whole story. I am glad Jackson is doing so well and that you have plenty of help.
So Sweet!! And Soooo so glad she has finally arrived! Congratulations.
sounds like the perfect delivery. she is beautiful. congrats to you and Matt!
hi-ho, she's darling and totally looks like jackson! congratulations mommy of 2:) i am so glad she came so "easily" once it came time. i hope we can meet her sometime soon! we miss you guys! love you!
That is a great story. I am impressed only three pushes. I guess it pays to wait till they are ready. She is darling. Congrats! What a sweet family. The more I see Jackson's hair I love him with a buzz head.
Cute post, she is so stinkin cute and I am glad you only had to push 3 times, that is RAD!!! Congrats!!! You will do well after the mom's leave but enjoy it for now! Yeah for your family!
Post a Comment