5.04.2009

Lots to do...

Since the weather is getting better {no snow, for now} we have decided its time to get going on our yard. We haven't touched our backyard, but have attempted the front. Sorry no pictures just yet.
{my camera is still at a friends house from Easter, that's why I still don't have that post up yet.}
But since we live in a community with an HOA {Home Owners Associtation} we have been notified that we have a huge dead patch in front of our house. So for the last week or so, we have been trying to get that patch dug up, weeded, and ready for new seeding. Today while I was at work {only 2 more sessions} Matt was outside getting the "spot" ready. And since we have a neighborhood that has amazing lawns we feel like we have to keep up with them. So our neighbor across the street came over after we were in the house and complimented us on the "spot." That totally made Matt feel good. Then we turned on our sprinkler system... Green grass here we come!
Our backyard is a whole other story... WAY too many weeds. I'm not sure thats going to get touched for quite some time. It will get mowed but not weeded. Good thing it's the backyard!

7 comments:

Sheryl said...

Could you imagine an HOA here in Norco....ha, ha, ha! Glad you are seeing the fruits or greens of your labors!

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

Oh how we wish we had a yard! Lane and I do have a little laugh when we think of Matt doing yard work... lol! We are sure it looks great, and hope to see it soon!

Shannon said...

It does feel good to have a nice yard it just a pain to have someone else tell you to do it. Gotta love the HOA.

Erin said...

Im so over yard drama! Good luck with yours. But its so nice to have a yard. Its just nice to be able to do it on your time line not someone elses. booooo!!!

Hillary said...

I can't believe you only have 32 days left of your pregnancy! That's do awesome!

Lisa Q. said...

Yay for a nice backyard! It would take an HOA to get Matt to do yard work. We should all (not you and DJ of course)work on the backyard while we are visiting in a couple weeks...with 5 sets of hands it will go by fast!

Erin said...

So glad we don't have an HOA-I would totally rebel and get in trouble. As for backyards, ours only looks good because it was that way when we moved in. I despise yard work!! Which is also why we have gardeners.