4.23.2009

APPROVED...


This is the word we have been waiting to appear on the DORA {colorado's Department Of Regulatory Agency} website, so that Matt could FINALLY be approved, and have his LPC {Licensed Professional Counselor} License. It has been a long hard road & Matt is finally there! He had to have a Masters Degree in order to practice, and I have never understood how someone with a Masters could make so little.
Since we moved here to Colorado we knew it would be a good 2 years before Matt was able to have his license and really see the benefits {$$$} of his hard work, but seeing that it has been nearly 3 year {in July} it has been really hard to be patient. And since Matt didn't go to school here in CO, then there was an extra step that we weren't originally aware of {another 6-8 week delay}, which ended up taking even longer. Then off to the State of Colorado to be approved, and this step took even longer than expected too {big mistake on the State's end}.
But last night when I was laying in bed {trying to fall asleep for an hour}, Matt comes running in our room with a HUGE smile on his face, and a little overly anxious. I wasn't quite sure what was going on. I didn't hear the phone ring, and I knew he was watching the Denver Nuggets play {but I hadn't seen him get that excited about a game in a LONG time}, so I wasn't sure exactly what was going on. Then he says... "It happened, it FINALLY happened, my license says 'approved' and it has my license number on DORA."
HUGE THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US THROUGH THIS!

17 comments:

Julia Holmes said...

Yay!!! Congratualtions. So happy for you guys!

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

Congrats! How exciting to have it all done!!! (only 2 more months for us!)

Sundbergs said...

Yeah Congrats.

Sheryl said...

Wooo HOOO and Hurray! You have been diligent and now the rewards shall come forth! Love you!

Violet said...

Congrats!!!! We're happy for you guys.

The Loveridge Family said...

Congrats Matt! What great news! Hard work always pays off!

Jessica Garthe said...

Congrats that is so awesome!!! We will have a similar experience soon when John gets his CPA license. Yeah for motivated & dedicated husbands!!!!

Heather E. said...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Good work Matt!!!! Great assist Heidi!!!!

Leanna said...

Wow...yea yea yea! That is so exciting!!! Congrats to Matt for getting the license...and congrats to my Heidi for helping along the way. Perfect timing for baby #2...the Lord is aware and blesses...just waited for the little one I suppose. Love you guys!

Jeni said...

Congratulations!

Marci said...

Congrats Matt...what an accomplishment!

Brian and Lindsay Holmstrom said...

Congrats to MATT and you family! I am very happy for you, what a relief!

Ashley said...

yay!! Congratulations! I know how hard it is to wait. I'm so glad you don't have to anymore!

Katie Jean said...

thats awesome! what an accomplishment! congrats!

Erin said...

YAY! That is great!

The Parkers said...

Congrats Matt! Heidi I don't know if you were the one wo asked about Sea World.. but this is how we got the price (We got into Sea World for $6.00 cause we went as a field trip. It was tons of fun and Lizzie was even FREE! We just need to have a certain number to get in for that price.

Jana Howard said...

Congrats you guys! We are so happy for you!