3.12.2009

"wewco"

So I am constantly amazed at what Jackson picks up on. We have been trying to get Jackson to say "thank you," when someone gives him something, and "please" when he wants something. He has been catching on very quickly, and knows that when he says "please" that it is more likely he will get what it is that he wants. But what we haven't taught him is "you're welcome." But I guess we say it often enough for him to realize thats what comes after "thank you." So lately, when we give him something, and remind him to say "thank you" instead he is saying "wewco" {welcome}. We just laugh!
He has also been asking to go "ou-si" {outside}, and has now automatically added on "please" to that request. And when daddy is home and he says, "ou-si, pwees" Matt has a really hard time saying no. So outside they go {I love it that we have a backyard that he is able to go to}. Then today I got a call from my mom saying she and my dad are coming out here to Brighton for Jackson's 2nd birthday in April {SO EXCITED!}, and she asked what he wanted for his birthday. So I told her that he has been wanting a "choo-choo," and then added on "pwees."
He is one smart boy, & I love him!

16 comments:

Sheryl said...

Cutest and sweetest boy EVER!! I can't wait to see him and his new Choo-choo!

Jackson 3 said...

He is one smart boy!! How cute. I love hearing what Jackson is into, cause I know what to look for in Eli next!
I bet you are SOO Excited for the parents to come out!! It is So fun to have out of town visitors. I LOVE IT!

Emily said...

How adorable is that!!!!! What a cutie :)

Brendon said...

So adorable! He must have good parents. I love when children that young have decent manner.

"wewco" is so cute.

Leanna said...

That Jackson...too cute for words! How fun that papa and papa are coming to visit! Lucky Jackson...lucky My Heidi!

Marci said...

How cute...he is a smart boy! I just love your little anecdotes on your lives!

Julia Holmes said...

He is way too cute!!!

The Greens said...

Too cute!!dont you just love they're little baby talk!

Emily said...

I love when babies start talking. Too cute!!!

Jessica said...

Very cute. I love how kids pick up on things. We are focusing on Thank You in this house right now especially with Jenna. But Emmy is the one who says Thank-you after everything. At least someone is catching on I guess.

Kim said...

I know exactly what you mean... it is so much fun to watch them learn and say new things.

Unknown said...

Cute Jackson! Wish we could see him more often! When are you coming to Utah next? :)

Kim said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Elise said...

Growing up soooo fast! I know what you mean about the "please" part. Hard to resist!!

The Loveridge Family said...

He is so stinken cute! It was fun to have him over last month. He is such a cutie! I can't wait to see what your little girl will be like!

Shannon said...

What a little talker. I love it....and Daphne is adorable!