




So I have been stuck on this name ever since I heard it. And when we first heard it and started telling people that we liked it, we got "oh I like Molly and Claire, but Daphne NOT so much." Not that everyone elses opinion really matters because its ultimately our decision. It was just hard to hear that not many people liked it. But as of late when people ask what names we like I say Daphne last just so that I can hear some compliments on our taste in names. But people are starting to tell me that they LOVE it! I am so happy! Its been a great name ever since I heard it, and its not too popular, and it just sounds like its going to fit right into our family. We haven't committed to it, but it's definitely our #1 choice. It took Matt some getting used to, and I think its growing on him. Her middle name would be Jill {after me, Heidi Jill}, and I love it!Now, Tina and Lisa (the sisters in law) aren't too keen on the name, and are starting to threaten us with nicknames that they are going to call her if her name is Daphne. It started with Jackie {that's what they call Jackson}, which got him to start saying his name as "Jacksee." It is shaping well to finally sound like Jackson, but is more like Jackshon. We love Lisa & Tina too, just thought it was funny that they already have nicknames for our girl that still isn't born.
Just had to share my thoughts on baby names. Its always fun to think about names. I am always online looking at names.

23 comments:
Girl..you know I LOVE that name. I just couldn't get Cameron to like it! I am so jealous. She will be beautiful!
I think it is a cute name- and I'm sure the little girl will be just as cute!!
i think daphne's cute. don't ever change your name because of jerks. i love the name atticus for a boy, but i got really nervous once people started giving me their reactions. it's so silly. it's your baby, your family. i think it's a fun name.
you know... if she is Daphne, then people will eventually get used to it. No one liked William.. we had to keep explaining that it was a family name, and then they were ok with it. But now... he couldn't be anything but William/Will. So name her whatever you like... and people will love her and think there is no better name in the world! :)
Good for you! Name that little girl whatever feels good to you. Plus I like Daphne. It wasn't my first choice with the 3 you picked, but it was 2nd. :)
Daphne it is!! My little DJ will be so awesome, and beautiful, and adorable and funny, and spirited, and spiritual, and creative, and talented, and sweet, and giving and loving (especially with her Gramma)...and OURS!!
Well I don't think I am a "jerk" since she will be my niece but I will love her no matter what her name is! Of course Tina and myself will always have nick names for your kids...like Jackie but it is out of love. I am sure we will come up with a good one for Daphne (like DD or turbo D...). She will be my precious niece no matter what! But I wont be mad if you and Matt change your mind at the last minute either ;). Love you!!
I love Daphne...since the beginning! There is something whimsical and creative about it...it's just beautiful on its own just like your darling little girl!
I LOVE Daphne! We got a lot of criticism because of Oliver too... my mom kept telling us he was going to get beat up in Kindergarten because of his name... but for us it was perfect. Once my mom saw him in the nursery and realized he was quite a bit bigger than all of the other babies she decided he would be okay... I can't imagine him being anything other than Oliver... I say stick with what you like. Once she's here people won't say anything!
I can't wait for DD she will be one hot mama :)
I LOVE the name Daphne! That is the one I picked from your list! I hope you use it! Very Cute!
Your the parents, you should decide! Names do grow on people. We were all a little taken back by one of the names my cousin chose for their daughter. But now that she is here, it works and she is the most adorable little girl!
First of all, I LOVE the way you wrote that out. I'll have to copy it sometime. And I adore the name Daphne. It really does go well with Jackson. And WHO CARES what people think. It's not their kid. Naming your children is so personal. I got a lot of comments about Grayden...still do occasionally. I hate that people judge your choice of kid names. It's hard enough to decide what they'll be called FOREVER without millions of opinions. Good choice.
DJ is a family name (just ask Danny). We love little DJ.
We love you Lisa and Tina.
Mom and Dad.
I love the name Daphne! Go for it!!! Who cares what everyone else says anyways.
I love the name. So cute. I saw your mom at a wedding last night. My mom was doing the chocolate fountain and it was at my stake center so I went and hung out. My mom went up to your mom and they finally met!
Darling! Way to have a name picked out already.
I think the name Daphne Jill is so cute. When Katherine said she was going to name Frannie Frances we all said we didn't like it. Now I think it is such a cute name and that it fits her so well. I'm sure evryone else will feel the same way.
I totally love that name. We are really big fans of the show Frasier and so I wanted to name our little girl that. I think we will go with Sophie or Clair though. She is going to be so cute. I can't wait! I am sure you can't either.
I need your help with ideas. Please take a peek at my blog and respond to the post titled HELP!!!
Thanks you’re the best!
Say Hi to Matt for me!
i love it! I can't wait to meet little miss Daphne. She will be beautiful.
I know it's been a while... i just wanted you to know i finally posted something new and i did it just for you. sorry i have been away so long.
xoxoxo
i was a daphne voter i must say. i love it!!!!!!! darling darling darling!
I know I am a little late on this one...but I'll still commment :P
This is reason #1 for us not sharing our name. People feel too entitled to share their {sometimes mean} opinions on it... So we like to be somewhat selective with who knows the name until the birth. Not that it affects our decision, its just annoying to hear. Plus, once the name has been given, most people aren't rude enough to say anything mean about it... I say go for it. I love Jill as the middle name. VERY CUTE Heid!
yay for Daphne! i think thats way cute. names are hard, but no matter what, they always seem to fit.
Post a Comment