An email I got from my mom today
A few calendar things---Saturday – Dec. 6th
Sheryl, Julia and Breana – having a baking day.
How does this sound…
If you two want to come early, 8:30 or 9:00 - we could start with a trip to Tai Pan Trading Co. You will love it
10:30 to 2:30 – Bake – If you have something you especially want to make, let me know so I can have the ingredients
3:00 – put together our plates
For all of my family, if you can ----
5:00 – Dinner
7:00 – Corona Stake Christmas musical play about Christ
Sunday – Dec 7th
Ordaining Skyler to an Elder at the Single’s ward at 3:00 pm in the Elder’s Quorum. We would like all of the family men to stand in.
Those who want can stay at the ward – but I will go home and you can join me there also.
We will have dinner about 5:00 and then watch the First Presidency Devotional
Sunday - Dec 14th – Pitt Family Caroling
Meet at Cheryl and Steve’s house at 5:00 for dinner and caroling to the HB friends of Steve, Cheryl, Mom and Dad
We will let you know about the menu, but everyone needs to bring 2 to 3 dozen cookies, brownies and such for the plates.
Wed. – Dec 24th - let me know if you are attending both of these please..
Holmes family party – more details to follow
Holmes family gift exchange and Christmas story
Thursday – Dec. 25th – Christmas Day
Let me know if you will be staying over at our house on Christmas Eve, or if we will be meeting up during the day
I love you so much!
Mom
HOWEVER,
This year we will be spending Christmas in Georgia with all of Matt's family. We are so excited that we are able to be with our family for the Holidays. In 2 years we are planning on being home for the holidays, which WON'T be easy, so we are thrilled to be spending it with the Shirley's. Matt and I will also be celebrating our 3rd year anniversary in Georgia, so I told Matt that, that was his project to plan something for us, since our 1st year anniversary was to Chili's, & our second year we celebrated at Laguna Beach. I'm hoping for a more memorable anniversary. Matt says he has a few things he's researched. I'm excited!
With us being here in Colorado it is not easy. We just wish that someone {anyone} would come move to this beautiful state. We do have some great friends that make it easier, but nobody replaces family. Now, don't get me wrong, Matt and I are having a great time out here in Colorado. There is no way we would be able to purchase our first home in California, and Matt LOVES his job. It has been one of the best things for our marriage to be on our own, to truly rely on each other in all things. We know we are supposed to be here, and we love it. We just hope that someone else in the family was "supposed" to be here too!
Here are some pictures of the snow we are getting today,
Have fun with all your Holiday plans!

11 comments:
I'm glad you had a few pangs in your little heart about missing us thru the holidays! But you will love being with Gramma and Grampa Shirley and experiencing their love thru the holidays too! You are right, it is part of growing together as your very own eternal family! WE are so proud of you and the choices you have made by the spirit. It does a momma heart good to know that you walk that path. Love and miss you tons!
Mom
OH my Heidi...I hear you...when families live far apart...and it cost so much to be with them...it's tough. I have no idea where we will be in the next few years...but I sure hope it's close to someone. It's just not the same far away. I love you My Heidi...I can't wait for my little girl to meet Auntie Heidi! Thinking of you!
I thought Brendon would be a little sad when he read that email...
This is not a good tactic for most of us: "Come live in Colorado" and "Look! 20 feet of snow!" Living is Colorado...great! 100 feet of snow...not so great. I know I'm exaggerating, but just a little bit ;)
After experiencing a couple days of cold weather in Missouri, I'm Arizona bound (the only problem is, that means more commuting for Brendon). I think I'll take snow if it means more time with him. Who knows what will happen...
I'm sorry Heidi. :o( Maybe one of these days we can make it down to Colorado and spend some time with you! You aren't that far away, we should do it.
I feel the same way that I am missing out on exciting family things living across the country. So I feel for you! Also Georgia will be fun there is so much to do there. Its only three hours from where I will be in TN. Its hard to remember that everywhere else it is cold and snowing!
It is hard to be away from your family, but you will have a great time. The snow looks beautiful. I love that we both have little red heads. i can't wait for Jordyn to get more hair. And yes people talk about her hair all the time, it is fun.
don't worry, I have the same dilemma, we are both celebrating Christmas with our husband's family in Georgia!! where are Matt's family living, Charlie's family is in Powder Springs/Marrietta in Cobb county. just thought I'd ask!
Oh man... snow?! YUCK... one reason I do not want to live in Colorado! :) I'm glad you like it there, I totally understand missing family though! Looks like you'll have a fun Christmas!
I would have a hard time away from family! I know you will have a blast with the Shirleys though! Someday Chris & I will come and visit you guys in CO!
Youch. Sounds like some fun holiday plans--especially the cookie baking :) I'm glad that you get to go visit Matt's family though. Maybe you can bake cookies with them? Good times.
Sounds like you will be missing out on some fun times in California. I know you will be missed. You will have fun with the Shirley's though. All part of being married you have to keep both sides happy. I wish you were coming to California though because we are going home this year. I was wondering if I could get your address. You can email it to me at jlstucki@gmail.com.
Thanks and have fun.
Post a Comment