Didn't last long...
2 weeks ago I got a calling in our new ward...
Nursery Leader!
That's right. I had 2 weeks of freedom, and then BAM... I am now back with the monster. I asked them how he usually behaves, and they said that he is fine, without any tears. And now that I'm in there, he freaks for the 1st 10 minutes. Then realizes that I'm in there to stay, and it gets better. But now that I'm pregnant, I HAVE to remember to bring my own snacks to eat. I cannot go 3 hours without eating! They said that it was a 6 month calling and since I have about 6 months left of this pregnancy, we will see if they hold to their word! Just kidding. Its been a fun change of pace, and I'm glad I have the opportunity to serve!

15 comments:
DANG IT!! At least you have a good attitude about it, and no doubt the kids will loooooove you!
It will be great to have a nursery leader who will teach those babies their songs, and stories, and love them all! You will be great! I would be Jackson's nursery teacher if you lived in California!!
I think that would be a fun, but challenging calling. I don't think people realize how important the nursery leaders are! I'm sure you are great, and what better way to see how your kid really interacts!
Congratulations! I loved our nursey calling... but I understand about the freedom... :)
Heidi, I feel your pain. Yes I love teaching the kids. Sometimes that break from our own kids does miracles to recharge us moms. But when Chad and I moved to Cali. Alexis entered the nursery and that next week Chad and I were called to teach the older half of the nursery kids because it was getting too big. Be careful. Right after that...no break: Primary secretary to Primary 2nd counselor to President. But don't worry the president thing has been consistent for a year and a half with a predictable next year and a half. :) or :( depends on the day
Wahoo congrats! Too bad you didnt have a few more weeks of freedom though! I am with you on the snacks! Yesterday I was snacking away in Primary. :)
nursery is such a blast, when you're not pregnant i guess! that has to be hard bending over and picking kids up all sunday long and even at home.
well, enjoy the calling for 6 months, sometimes I wish my callings came with end dates, just kidding! well, maybe not!!
You will be awesome in there. Hang in there that is a hard calling to be prego with.
You will be a great nursey leader!!
That's hilarious, Heidi! I love nursery, but I think it would be a little different if I were around kids all the time anyways. Six months isn't bad at all. Have fun!
Like you said in another post, "Heaven bless nursery teachers!" (I'll never forget that quote.)
Oh man! I think it's so mean when they call women who have little kids into nursery! Glad you have a good attitude though!
That's not funny but so funny at the same time!
I was called as the ward librarian (it was supposed to be a 3 month calling) well a year and 7 months later I was finally released and called as ... the nursery leader!! I;ve been in there for about a month, and it's a challenge but fun. I love the new nursery manual though!
UHG... YOU ARE FREAKING KIDDING ME!!!! I can't believe that. Well, 6 months, i'll help you count. Lots of love to you. Merry Christmas, Happy New year and Happy anniversary. xoxoxo
6 months? Your bishop is nice! We just got released from the nursery & we'd been in for 20 months! But it's super fun & eating at church every week is the bomb!
Post a Comment