9.22.2008

Fun weekend with Grandpa Shirley


This weekend {starting on Wednesday night} we had a visitor come and stay with us.
Matt's dad Ken!
Matt took 2 days off work to go play at some of the most beautiful golf courses in Colorado.
Thursday all day they went to
Arrowhead Golf Club
Bear Dance Golf Club
These 2 left the house at 6:15 in the AM, and didn't get home till 8:00 PM.
Then Friday they spent the entire morning watching the
Ryder Cup Golf Tournament.
Then went out to hit another golf course in the afternoon.
Saturday was a fun day for us all! It started with me and J going to a birthday party at
Build-a-Bear.
J LOVED it! When we were walking around trying to find a bear {or animal} to stuff,
J fell in love with this one!
They got to kiss the heart that they put in the bear, and make a wish. For the Birthday girl Shelby they all made a wish and kissed another heart to put in her bear before stuffing hers. Then we got to dress the bears, and give them names. It was a little more fun for me to dress his bear {MAX}. After the Build-a Bear, we went outside for some lunch and to watch Shelby open presents, and to eat some yummy cake!! It was so fun!
While we were gone, the men went out to play some tennis. These are the 2 sports they MUST play when they get together {GOLF & TENNIS}. Matt just loves spending time with his dad, and it was so nice to see him and spend some time with him as well! Grandpa Shirley also taught J some dance moves. I'm just sad I didn't get a video or picture of J and Ken :O(
That night we went up to Fort Collins to watch
BYU vs. CSU woman's volleyball.
BYU lost in 3, but it was fun to go watch some competitive volleyball!
Sunday we went to church, and since Ken had offered to take J during sunday school, Matt and I were able to sit and listen to a lesson. SOOOO unheard of... for the last 4 months anyway.
J goes to nursery in 3 weeks!!
THANKS KEN FOR COMING AND SPENDING TIME WITH US HERE IN COLORADO!
WE LOVE YOU!

9 comments:

shayne said...

Jackson is getting so big! CRAZY!!...and I LOVE the new rug...probably because I have the same one...hahaha

Sundbergs said...

It is so fun to have family come and visit.

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

How fun for you guys. Lane has always said that Matt and his dad are so alike and get along really well. Yea for nursery!!! I hope J adjusts well.

Carolyn Baggett said...

i stinkin LOVE build-a-bear!! i went there for my first time this summer with my class and I might have enjoyed it more than them!! Jackson is getting to be such a handsome guy

Erin said...

Guys time how neat! We are planning on taking Autumn to Build a Bear for her birthday in 2 weeks. It will be her first time. Looks like J had fun!!

Ashley said...

That's always fun when you can take some time to be with family. I love Build-a-Bear too! And by the way, it is way too hard for me to pick one of those things for Jackson to be for Halloween. I'm not particularly keen on the golfer, but I love Harry Potter and vampires and giraffes are one of my very favorite animals! No fair. Kennedy is going to be a pumpkin. :o)

Emily said...

Build a Bear looks like a fun place for a party! I like what he picked and Max is a great name for a bear!

Sheryl said...

My baby is so cute! He gets to cuddle his cute bear Max, since her won't get to have a brother with that cute name! So glad Ken and Matt could have some time together, I know how much they enjoy their time and their fav activities! Matt deserves to be spoiled for how hard he works for his cute family!

Britney Wardle said...

im so jealous you went to the vball game! i live in provo and i hjaven't been a game yet! hahaha