9.18.2008

Random...

Just some random things to post.

Matt and I have been searching for an area rug, and have not had much luck {in our price range} for the size of rug we needed. We had some people suggest Lowe's... and we LOVE it!



Jackson has this new obsession with only having one arm through his sleeves. So we now have a
ONE ARMED MAN


This little boy LOVES books. He would much rather flip through a book, than play with his toys. Well, we really don't have too many age appropriate toys for him right now. And when we went on our road trip with Jackson to Utah for Matt's marathon, I was trying to think of something cool and new for him to keep his attention, and all I could think of was a new book. So when I was buying the book, the woman that was checking us out of the store, she said, "He already loves books? That is awesome, keep it going! Good Job!" and I had to interject and tell her that its because of his Grandma's. They always are buying him books!

So THANK YOU Grandma's for the books that he LOVES!!

13 comments:

Kari said...

We had good luck at Lowe's on finding rugs for our Family Room and Bedroom. I'm glad you guys were able to find something you like too! Who'd a guessed that a Home Improvement Store would be a good place to look?

Sheryl said...

My you have the CUTEST BOY!!! He does love his books! and me and Gramma Shirley love our boy! He is soooo smart, and cute, and talented, and did I mention cute? Kisses to my Colorado kids!

Sheryl said...

That rug totally changes the look of the room. That is great!

Ashley said...

I love the rug, and the new blog layout!

Brendon said...

Love the area rug! I've been thinking that would complete our living room, but not essential for us at this point in life. (Just a little envious, that's all.)

I love the one-armed man! So precious. I just love that cute little face.

Speaking of...we need some pictures of the Shirley's in our home. Do you have any pics of your family that may or may not include me and/or Brendon? Just send a few to my email, if you don't mind.

Thanks so much!
Love your blog!

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

I love the rug! We will have to check out Lowe's! J is looking so cute and so grown up!

Sara said...

Cute new background! i love the rug too. You have great taste girl. oh, and kiss that cute redhead. We all miss him... and you too!

Erin said...

Nice Rug!! And you can never `have too many books!!

River said...

I love that rug. And your boy is so handsome. Love the one armed pic.

Carolyn Baggett said...

such a darling rug. how old is Jackson? cuz the little toddlers I watch 12-24 months do the same thing and it drives me nuts... pulling their arm out of a side of the shirt!!

Emily said...

The rug is awesome and I love that he is into books! He will grow up so smart because of it!

Sundbergs said...

What agreat rug. I am so glad you found something. My kids are the same way love books. He is just the cutest little boy.

Anonymous said...

hey, that kind of looks like the area rug we have, except different colors! So of course i think it looks great!