So once I got back from California I was determined to get all this "stuff" figured out with Jackson and all his random vomiting. But let me first start with the run-around I got before leaving for CA to get his upper GI scheduled.
Before I left I got the "OK" from the new Pediatrician for Jackson to get this upper GI scheduled, and to try to get at least one step closer to figuring out this mess. When I left the Dr.'s office March 11th, the doc said that one of the nurses would call me within 24 hours to get all his paperwork ready and fax to North Suburban Hospital, so that I could call and schedule it. So the nurse called me late that afternoon, and said that they would be faxing the paperwork to North Suburban within the next 20-30 minutes and to call to schedule it after that 20-30 minutes. So I decided to take a shower {that was much needed}, and then called the hospital an hour after the nurse told me to wait 30 minutes. So I proceed to call and get transferred about 3 or 4 times. And once I finally get to the right person they said that they still hadnt received the request from the ped. office. So I thought that maybe she still hadnt gotten to it. So I called the next day {the 12th} and they didn't have anyone at the schuduling desk to schedule me. They said they would call me before the day was over. DIDN'T HAPPEN...
Then Jackson and I left for CA on the 14th without an appointment. In CA Jackson continued to vomit and get sick... running a fever... the whole bit. And of course it all happened the night before Grant & Julia's wedding day {coming soon...}. I was seriously debating on whether or not to even go to the wedding ceremony in the San Diego Temple. But I really wanted to be there and see my younger {not smaller} brother be sealed to his sweet fiance, now wife! And then I thought about having Skyler the only one that couldn't come in the Temple to stay home with him. But Skyler was in the wedding party {all the brother's were}. So that option was out of the window. So we took him. Which was fine, we got to see some old friends from Moreno Valley {shout out to Wes & Doug}. But that night he wasn't himself. I made him and bottle and before he finished it he threw it all up all over our dear neighbors the Porras'. And he was running a fever :O(. The next day was Easter Sunday and Jackson's 1st Easter... we didn't even get to see him in his Easter outfit. We stayed home and we watched J go through his Easter basket. He really couldn't have cared less. Oh well...
So back to Colorado we go...
I got back on a Monday and called the next day to schedule this Upper GI. So I called North Suburban again... still haven't received the request from our Ped. office...
WHAT?
Yeah, thats right I had to call the Ped. office and get a little angry with them. So they said that they had faxed & thought that maybe they had the wrong number. She called NS and it was all done. Today was the BIG day!
I was a little nervous. I heard that he was going to have to be put under for the procedure, and that more than anything FREAKED me out. I made sure Matt was able to come. He was in there pinning our baby down so the Doc could take some images of his stomach. They gave him a bottle of some really yucky liquid with some chocolate to help with the taste. They only let him drink enough to get some into his stomach and to see how long it took for that substance to leave his stomach and get to his small intestine. The Doc said that on average it takes about 2 minutes for the liquid to leave the stomach, but for Jackson... it took about 20+ minutes. A little worried... YA! Not to mention while they were taking all these images he was screaming and didn't like seeing a bottle and not being able to have it, and being pinned by 2 people and having a scary machine directly over his head. Then the Doc wanted to take some x-rays and then sent us out of the room, then called us back in to take one more of his stomach to make sure the substance left his tummy.
Once the boy got some real food in his stomach he was just fine! He was back to his happy, happy self.
We are now one step closer to knowing what is wrong with our little guy! It truly breaks my heart to see him go through all this and not be able to do anything myself.
9 years ago

21 comments:
Oh my goodness. I'm so glad you are a little bit closer to figuring this all out. Poor baby J. He's definitely in our prayers! Keep us informed!
Im so sorry about all this stuff. You have to be pro active with those doctors to get anything done!!! But you are right you are one step closer to getting to the bottom of this.
Oh Heidi, I'm sorry you have to go through this! Hopefully you will get to the problem, and life will get back to normal. We are thinking about you and praying for you!
I am seriously crying in support of all those feelings you must be having. I totally understand the not knowing and waiting. We are praying for you guys. Chin up!!
Heidi, that must have been so scary for him. Keep us updated what you find out and your family is in our prayers.
How sad... Poor Jackson. I am sooo sorry for you and him. I can't imagine how helpless you must feel. You keep being feisty with those dr.s offices... It is your little guy who is hurting.
I am so sorry you have to go through this. Seeing our little one's in any kind of pain is heart breaking. We would take the pain for them anyday. I hope everything goes well and that you can get this resolved fast.
I'm so sorry that has to be so frustrating. Poor little fella. That has to be so hard to see him in pain but not be able to do anything because the doctors don't know what is wrong.
Heidi, how hard this must be for you. Not knowing what is going on is driving ME crazy. It's so frustrating waiting for doctors and appointments, when you're home living with a litte guy who needs help. You and Jackson are in my prayers.
You're a great Mom for keeping up with the search. Someone will figure it out soon.
what an experience, I'm sorry heidi, I def keep little Jackson in my prayers
Heidi! I'm so sorry I missed seeing you ... Doug said I walked right past but of course I was in photographer mode and didn't notice. Sorry! What an ordeal to come home to ... it will be worth it when the mystery is solved!
Holy cow, what a mess! I really hope he is okay, I can't imagine the stress you must be feeling. Keep us updated!
I am just so so so sorry Heidi! How FRUSTRATING to not know and to not be able to do something about it--like some "quick fix." What a brave boy you have! Bless his little heart. Ok, so one step closer. . . that's good right? Be sure to keep us posted, and we will pray for you guys that you and the doctors can figure out this mess!
I am so sorry Heidi and Matt! Hopefully they will figure things out quickly. It's so frustrating not being able to know what's going on.
that makes me cry. Your poor aby how awful. I am so sorry. I hope that this helps figure out the problem. HE will be in our prayers.
At least you are getting somewhere with it, stay on those docs b/c sometimes they don't stay on top of things like they should. I can't imagine having to watch my baby go through that, it breaks my heart! You guys will get through it though and you are def. in our prayers. Hang in there.
That is so hard! your such a trooper for getting through it! I hope Jackson feels better!
SO sad! Poor little Jackson, that post almost made me cry. It's the worst watching your little baby go through such torment. Hopefully they were able to figure out what is going on??? Let us know as soon as you find out! I'm dying here!!
By the way...Daphne is such cute name! I hope Matt comes around!
Heidi Ho! I'm sad I missed you on your visit. But I totally understand!
Poor poor baby. You & jacks. I hope they really do figure this out soon so he can start getting better! Keep us posted every step of the way. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers always. Love you!
What a nightmare, I'm hoping you get some good news once you hear back about the tests. I can't imagine how frustrating that would all be. Your an awesome Mom!
Post a Comment