3.26.2008

Tagged

Here is a fun tag...why did you give your child that name?

JACKSON ALLEN
To be quite honest, Matt and I started throwing baby names at each other as soon as we decided on a wedding date. However, Jackson was never one of those names. As I was thinking of baby names I had always liked Jack, but it just sounded too harsh of a name for a baby. Then I started thinking of some last names that I liked and Jackson sounded perfect. And his middle name... In my family we all have a middle name that has some family connection, so I knew that that was something I wanted to do with all our kids. So Allen is Matt's middle name, and we thought it was okay. I really hesitated because of the country singer Alan Jackson, but we did it anyway.

I tag... Lisa, Lyndzee, and Traci

11 comments:

everyday katie said...

Love JAckson! That is one of the few names we agreed on...long before we were pregnant. There was a little jackson in our ward we adored. But 5 months before PArker was born, Spencer's brother and his wife had a boy and guess what they named him? Jaxon. Oh so sad.

Erin said...

That name totally fits him. isn't it cool how we come up with names for such cute little creations. It makes me wonder sometime how Heavenly Father and Christ did it!

Emily said...

That is so cute! I love baby names. I am a fan of Savanna and Emma and Brandon.

Carolyn Baggett said...

i agree, jackson is a cute name for a boy, and it's one that transitions well with age. good choice! what are your picks for your next boy?

Whitney said...

I love the name Jackson! I think it's so cute!

Sundbergs said...

I think Jackson is so cute. Until you said Alan Jackson tje country singer I would never have thought of that and I lvoe country music. I love middle names for family names.

julie said...

I knew I heard those names together somewhere... but I never would have guessed it. I LOVE the name Jack... but I could never use it, I'm sure you can guess why. I NEED to see picks of Grant & Julia's wedding, I was sad to miss it!! You threw a great shower, that Owen Wilson picture still pops into my head & cracks me up!! So fun to see you & 'Jack' xo

Emily said...

I love the name Jackson. I would have never of thought of the country singer either. Good choice.

jeanine said...

rich loves the name Jackson and is always convincing me to use it. I think it's really cute. And I never would have made the connection between Jackson Allen and Alan Jackson.

Anonymous said...

So fun, Jackson is actually what we were going to name Charliee if she was a boy but we were gonna spell it Jaxon and call him Jax. But we had our little Charliee girl instead,, such blessings. I'm gonna go do mine now,, how fun.

Mama Bear said...

Isn't it hard to pick names for our little ones? Robert & I are struggling this time around...we'll see what she ends up being named??? Sorry poor Jackson has been so sick...hope you figured it out soon! It was so fun to see you guys! XOXO