4.14.2008

AAAHHH!!!

So I have about a month to catch up on and for some reason my computer will not let me download my pictures from my camera or from the CD I just made.

I'm so frustrated!

But I do have a little bit of an update with Mr. Jackson. While my mom was here we had the GI Specialist appointment, and they were able to see what the Upper GI results were. They really didn't tell me much but what the Doc that was taking the images had already told me. They said that J isn't emptying his stomach fast enough into the small intestine. The Doc said that on average a baby's stomach will empty in 1-2 minutes, but with Jackson his stomach didn't empty into his small intestine for 20-25 minutes. So the GI Specialist gave us 2 prescriptions, one to help his stomach empty and one for his reflux. I just picked up the prescriptions today and started giving him more food, and he kept it ALL DOWN!! I was so excited! I have only been giving Jackson one bottle {4 oz. of formula}, and they want him getting about 20-24 oz. a day. Another good thing was that when we went to his GI apt, he had gained more again...

He now weighs 18 lbs. 5 oz. YAY!!!

We now are getting ready to celebrate his year birthday tomorrow {even though he already had his cake when Gramma Sheryl was here}, but that means we are going to be seeing the doctor again and see what more progress he has made! The weight gain is a great progression that we haven't seen since he was 6 months old.

I really wish that I could post more pictures of our little Jackson, but just know that they will come as soon I can get them on this stinkin computer.

11 comments:

Jeni said...

I'm so glad things are getting better, besides the computer problems! Hopefully you get them fixed! I can't wait for pictures! Happy Birthday Jackson!!!

Erin said...

Yeah! That is great news. I'm so reliefed for you guys. Sounds like the medicine is helping. Keep us posted. Congrats on the bday and weight gain Jackson! WHOO-HOO!!!

Sorensens said...

Good News! I keep checking your blog for updates. Wish Jackson a Happy Birthday from us.

Mama Bear said...

Heidi! I'm so happy that with the new meds he was able to keep some food down...and the weight gain is great news! Yeah!!!!! I can't believe he is almost 1 already, so crazy to me! Give him a big kiss and tell him happy birthday from auntie kayla and uncle robert!!

Erin said...

that sounds so great. Im glad things are working out. Nothing is better than feeling healthy. Keep gaining Jackson!!!!

Jackson 3 said...

oh my gosh heidi! That is GREAT news! Hopefully everything will start to get better from here on out. (including your comp) Yahoo!!

Kim said...

I'm so glad the medicine is helping...yeah for the gi specialist!!! And happy birthday Jackson, I bet he loves the gift of food he's getting.

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Jackson! I am glad to hear that the dr was able to figure out what was going with your lil' guy.

everyday katie said...

What a relief. Nothing like a baby getting fatter! I hope it continues to work and all is well. Happy birthday baby J!

Emily said...

How wonderful to know what is wrong so that it can be taken care. Birthdays are fun! I am excited to see the pictures! I have been slow in posting, so I might do some tonight!

Jenn said...

that is great news! i hope everything goes well with yhe prescriptions! glad your mom was able to visit, moms are the best.