Yesterday I met up with a great friend for breakfast. We try to get together once or twice a month. We went to Panera Bread, and while we were chatting and catching up an elderly woman came up to me and was so in love with my little guy {but who isn't right?}. Jackson was so good while we sat and talked. This woman approached me and said that everytime she meets a child she gives them a silver dollar. then she started talking about how blessed I was to have his little spirit with me as my son. She continued to tell me how I needed to take him to God every day and pray with him, and always remember what a sweet blessing he is. Then she started quoting a scripture from the bible {I can't remember what the scripture was}. All I could do was agree and nod my head. The next thing I knew I was balling. I couldn't help myself.
Jackson is such a sweet, sweet little boy. I feel so blessed to have such an amazing little boy!
8 years ago

13 comments:
Thanks for sharing your sweet story with your family and friends. That is one fabulous boy we have!!
Love you so much!
oh my gosh!! your son is so cute!! congratulations :)
What a neat moment and what a great lady. I want to be like that, but I'll have to settle for a nickel or dime.
What a sweet lady!
What a cute story! Thanks for sharing. And Jackson is really such a sweet baby boy! I hope to see you guys while you are down here.
How sweet! What a nice lady (and a nice boy too!)
That is so special and beautiful! What a great story.
I love old ladies. I am determined to be a cool old lady.
When Cameron and I were engaged he was laying tile while he went through college. He was tiling an old ladies house and they started discussing how we were getting married and how we wanted a lot of kids. The sweet old lady then went and knitted a girl pair of booties with matching beanie and a boy pair of booties with matching beanie and gave them to Cameron when he came to finish the job. I still have them and love them!!
Its funny how easy it is to cry about you kids. You are a sweet mommy, Jackson is a lucky guy.
what a sweet story and its it all so true! I would have cried to, Im about to right now...
What a beautiful story. You are so blessed with your sweet amazing little boy. He also is blessed with such a wonderful mama.
wow ... just catchin up on your blog and you've had a lot going on! i love when others remind us how lucky we are to be parents.
ps - love panera bread! i'm jealous!
How cool is that little lady, sounds like a really cool experience and it is so cool that there are people out there to remind us sometimes how blessed we are. He is so handsom in your picture there.
Post a Comment