3.12.2008

another update...

So I finally got Jackson an appointment with another new Pediatrician {which is conveniently located next door to the Allergy & Asthma office}. Since we have moved out here to Brighton I have had a hard time finding a Pediatrician that I like. I was extremely happy with the last one that a good friend {thanks Heather} referred us to. With my expectations high, I was determined to find one that was just as good. I was so dissapointed. I heard there was a pediatician in our ward, and I called to see what I could do about getting an appointment, I found out that they weren't accepting new patients. But with the help of a good friend, I was able to find a pediatrician that was better, not as good as the last one, but better. And I'm still contemplating on whether or not to switch again {another story, another time}.

This is how the appointment went. We got there about 5 minutes early. They couldn't find Jackson's charts. I was taken into the room. The Medical Assistant didn't know how to take an 11 month olds temperature. She weighed him {17 lbs. 10oz.}, and then left us to wait for the Doctor. The Doctor walks in, and has a southern accent. He asks what has been going on and I proceed to tell him that J has been vomiting. I also told him that I started a food log to try to see what was causing all of this. So I told him that I found that if he had more than 4 oz of formula, that he would vomit it all up within 3 minutes. So he said "Then I would stick with 4 oz. at a time." {I kind of already gathered that information myself}. Then I told him that I had a friend that thought that maybe it was a reflux issue, so I had made an appointment with a GI {Gastro Intestinal} Doctor, but I wasn't going to go to the appointment unless he thought that, that was what I needed to do. So he said, "Then I would recommend an Upper GI Scan for him, and that will be done at Children's Hospital." Then I kind of just shook my head and wondered if the $20 co-pay was worth it for him to tell me exactly what a friend had told me.

AAAAHHHHHH!!!! I can't handle this anymore.

I just want it fixed already. And now I am getting ready to take Jackson and myself to California for my Cousin's baby shower {the 15th} and Grant & Julia's wedding {the 22nd}. Now I just wait to get this Upper GI Scan scheduled, then come home from CA and take him to the GI Specialist. It's all just too far away for me to know what I need to be doing.

9 comments:

Heather E. said...

Hang in there! Do just what you are doing...trying to figure it all out! Let me know how I can help you!

Dana & Genni Bain said...

You know Dr.'s can be a pain in the but..I've had the same problems with Wyatt throwing up too and them telling me that I had feed him too much, which I knew as well. It's fraustrating. So is he still doing it even though you found out about the aggs and peanut allergy?
I think people treat the young first time mom's like we are mentally slow people and don't know how to raise our kids. It's lame...don't get discourage. Read up on it to see.

Jackson 3 said...

Heidi! I had no idea. I obviously haven't visited you blog in a while. Poor baby Jacks! Don't be too hard on yourself. It's DEFINITELY not your fault!! You are trying so hard to help him! And if he's happy and it's not making him miserable then, that's good right? I'm sure you'll figure it all out. In the mean time you guys will be in our thoughts and prayers. And....I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS!!

jeanine said...

aaah! That is so frustrating!!! I hope that everything gets figured out soon!

And have fun in California!!!!

Noel said...

I'm very sorry! It is no fun to have an unsolved baby issue. You probably feel so helpless. Good think Jackson is such a good sport. Are you not breastfeeding anymore??

Emily said...

I think mom's are more right than the actual doctor at times. We know are instincts and our children a whole lot better than they do at times. Everything will work out!!!

Jenn said...

What a pain! I hope you guys figure out exactly what is wrong. I have been going through the same process for the last year...and just found out but it was driving us all insane! Just hang in there.

Brendon said...

Hopefully someday you can call me up and get an idea of what's going on. :)

p.s. The color doesn't contrast well with the background and it's hard to read...

Kim said...

I'm so sorry that would be so frusterating!!!