3.07.2008

Elder Cody Holmes

My little, well, younger brother
Cody Robert Holmes
has officially received his mission call.
He got the white envelope in the mail today.
He has been patiently awaiting this day for about 2 weeks now.

We now know where he is going to serve for 2 years beginning June 11, 2008...

Honduras, Tegucigalpa Mission.

This is the capital of Honduras! He will be speaking Spanish. Now Jordan {my brother that just got home last Wednesday} and Cody will be able to speak to each other in Spanish. Cody already took 3 years of Spanish in high school and really held onto the language {thank goodness}. This will make 5 Elder Holmes' & one Sister Holmes {I will be the only one that doesn't serve a mission in my family}. 3 state side... Garen-Wisconsin, Randi-Idaho, and Jordan-North Carolina, and 3 foreigners Brendon-Philippines, Grant-Brazil, and Cody-Honduras. We are all very excited for Cody and will be thinking of him often as he prepares to serve.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! That's where my brother served way back in the day. He loved it.

Carolyn Baggett said...

Oh my goodness!! cody will make a great missionary, i was in mission prep for 8 months with cody, and he's stellar!!! yay for missions

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

How exciting!! Tell him congrats! How is your little one doing by the way?

Lisa Webb said...

CONGRATS TO CODY! Can you believe these boys are going on missions? My brothers are forever 7 years old! I just got a letter today from Ryan who is in the CTM (?) (brazil MTC) so crazy they grow up so fast!

Emily said...

How wonderful! Tell him congrats!!!

Elise said...

Please forgive me if we have had these conversations before and i just wasn't paying attention, but #1 I didn't know you had a brother named Jordan, and #2 that he served in North Carolina (where I served). Where in NC did he serve? Just curious.

Congratulations to Cody! Your parents must be proud of ALL of you!

jeanine said...

Wow... CONGRATS to Cody!

Traci Elizabeth said...

its funny...it seems like there is always a Holmes on a mission!!! It shows what great parents that you have!

The Biggs Family said...

Lets totally get together again. Starting Monday I'm pretty much free. How long are you down? We could go where ever, but you know my house is always open if you want to have it here. Excited to see you again. Call me and let me know when. I'll ask Amber when is good for her, I'll see her on Saturday.