2.19.2008

Happy Balentimes Day!

While Matt was at work on Valentine's Day and while Jackson was taking a nap I decided to do something out of the ordinary, and give Matt his own little "heart attack" in our bedroom. Once he got home from work we were trying to decide on a restaurant and said that we were going to try something new... {never happens}, and I told Matt that before we went he needed to change {my way of getting him upstairs to see the bedroom}. He didn't go up till we were getting ready to walk out the door, and he LOVED it! YAY, success!




So we ended up at Chili's {not new by the way}, but while we were there we both tried something new at Chili's which doesn't happen that often either, with which we were both very satisfied with what we got.

9 comments:

Emily said...

What a fun idea! I love heart attacks as long as they are the paper kind (haha!) :) I heard your getting a sister-in-law! That is exciting.

Emily said...

The letter is from my missionary! We dated 5 years ago and have been writing for a year and a half. Nothing might come of it, but I care deeply for him and he gets home in three months! I am so excited. He lives in Tennessee where I am from. He was older when he left so he is 23 right now. If we become something, I will post a picture eventually. If you look at my facebook account there is a picture of us from 5 years ago. Its under the album Back when... Also that is cool that you know Donavon, they are getting engaged soon! So we are excited for them. Ashley is awesome and just got back from her mission. So fun stuff! Its amazing how being Mormon, everyone knows each other! :)

everyday katie said...

I did something similar to Spencer's car...I took it out to run an errand the night before and FILLED the inside with red and pink balloons. Then covered the windows with tacky heart shaped window stick-ons with cheesey Valentine messages. HE of course was running late for work on Valentine's and had to go to work like that. HE still hasn't emptied all the balloons. He just brings an arm full inside every time he comes home.

Glad you guys got to go out. We've made it a tradition to spend valentine's at home and have a late dinner and romance after the kids go to bed. It's actually really nce to spend time alone at home. Normally we're watching tv and folding laundry or exercising or something. IT's nice to put those things away and enjoy each other's company in the comfort of our own home.

Whoa...didn't mean to write so much. Happy valetine's day late.

jeanine said...

So glad that you had a good Valentines Day! We also rarely go anywhere new... and Rich ALWAYS gets the same thing wherever we go... Love the heart attack by the way!

Anonymous said...

CUTE! What's the other way you get him to the bedroom???
I just LOVE your new template. I know mine is boring--I just love admiring your hard blogging word. Very cute and springy!

Hillary said...

Very cute and a great idea! Maybe I'll try that one next year.

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

What a creative wife! Lane just got a wrapped gift and a card- well, who can blame me? Our week was a LITTLE crazy!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Ok so I totally think you are so dang cute for heart attacking your room. I need to do more cute things like that, good idea for next year, you don't mind if I steal it do you?

Jenn said...

Miss Heidi- that is such a cute idea! I love your bedroom set too, very cute. Glad you guys had a good Valentines Day.