The mystery of the laughter in the Saturday morning session of conference. I got this as an email and wanted to share it with all those who were wondering what the laughter was all about on Saturday morning General Conference Session.
The friend said this:
"After President Hinckley finished with the sustaining of the officers of the church during the Saturday morning session, Elder Eyring had moved to his new seat on the stand. Unfortunately, they didn't show this on TV, but when President Hinckley turned around, he stood there for a moment looking at Elder Eyring, then picked up his cane and "knighted" him on his shoulder and head. Truly one of the funniest things I've ever seen him do.
I love how President Eyring looks just like a little boy..."

8 comments:
I'm so glad that you posted this! We were all wondering what had happened! I love Pres. Hinckley.
We had no idea what the laughter was about either. Thanks for the letting us know. Good luck with the house thing. When the time is right it will happen.
That's such a neat post. Our prophet is a truly wonderful man. Someone who teaches us to be moral and right, but also to have a sense of humor and go through life with happines!
These men are too cute.
Love the blog template! Too Cute. Good luck with the house. We bought a HUD home in Vegas, It was a very good investment.
Thanks for sharing I had forgotten about that moment. It is nice to be in on the joke (smile).
Thanks for posting this cute little story. President Hinckley is so fun. HIs humor is timeless. Anyone can appreciatae a joke like that.
Good luck on your house. A first home is so exciting. And being a home owner, while frustrating at times is so worth it. Until it's time to sell. Want to move to ohio and buy mine?
That is awesome Heidi, thanks for sharing! That is so cool. I can not believe Jackson is that old either, it feels like yesterday that you were married!
Post a Comment