When we bought our new home in Albuquerque, NM this office was a great plus! The previous owners had a LARGE L-shaped desk and they had added it to the listing details, however, it wasn't my style. So we kind of low-balled the offer saying we didn't want any of the existing furniture in the home. SO, I got to start from scratch ... I of course turned to pinterest and found some great ideas with ikea hacks. However, we don't have an ikea here in NM! So, I got online and started looking for bookshelves that would go with the look I was trying to accomplish. I couldn't find anything! So back to ikea online and found these, Shelving units...
Then I spray painted them gold of course!!
Then brought them into the office to finish assembling them.
This really was so much fun! We also found this cute white desk on amazon. It was not the easiest thing to put together, it may or may not be because I had The Husband help... but it got done & I really do like it!
And here are a few pictures with the office & shelves decorated. Most things were purchased at Home Goods, Hobby Lobby or Target. My 3 favorite go-to stores for decorating!
And believe it or not, nearly everything above the computer was from Walmart!
Sometimes I can find great buys there.

2 comments:
I need some motivation to do something...anything...to my house. Teach me your ways. Actually, send me some creative motivation. :)
This room looks Awesome!! Love that desk!! I am thinking of getting something like that to put in this house for my sewing machine to be setup on. Would you recommend this desk for something like that?
Love you Hi-Ho!!! :)
Post a Comment