Ever since my Dad passed I continue to find things that remind me of him. These are things that I hold near and dear to my heart. I love that I can see things and immediately think of him. I know that these are the sweet moments that come from an ever loving Heavenly Father.
This little tin is something that I remember my Dad having
on his dresser
in his car
or at church.
I have NEVER seen this tin ANYWHERE, until my Dad passed.
I was at Joanne's shopping for a new sewing machine. The last place I would have ever thought I would find it. And oddly enough I was shopping for a new sewing machine because it was something that was helping me cope and get through the hard time I was trying to get through of missing my Dad.
This is another moment... in Target. A place I go all to often (just ask Matt), and I am sure this drink is always there... Daphne reminded me that we haven't had juice in our house for a while and so I decided that we could go get some. As we were walking the juice isle I looked, found the juice we wanted, and looked down. This is a juice that my Dad would drink all the time. One that I'm not a fan of, but it is distinctly one for my Dad. And sometimes I thought he only got it because he knew that none of his 8 kids would drink it.
I miss my Dad everyday! Literally everyday. I have heard a lot of people say that, that have lost someone close to them. I really didn't think they missed that person everyday. To be completely honest, I would talk to my Dad on the phone maybe once every 2 months. And that would be while I was talking to my mom over skype. So I sadly didn't think about my Dad very much.
It is so sad!
I LOVE my Dad and I always have and I always will. He was someone that didn't have much to say, but I knew he loved me and still does. I remember when Matt & I were dating, Matt asked me what a good indicator was of when I knew I loved with someone. And my answer was "When I can sit in silence with someone and have it not be awkward." That was when I knew my Dad loved me most. I could just FEEL his love. I didn't need to hear it all the time, I just felt it. Don't get me wrong, my Dad would tell me he loved me. But I felt it more than I heard it.
These little moments that remind me of my Dad are most precious! As the tears run down my cheek as I type these words is another moment in time that I know my Dad is with me..
always!

2 comments:
There are so many things everyday that keep me close to your dad. So many things I miss. As I was getting ready to return to work, and as I have been in our bathroom getting ready these past few mornings I miss that he would always stand and watch me put on my makeup, or hug me from behind with a kiss on my neck, and his fabulous loving smile and sweet words. I like you just want to remember and write them down. We are still lived by him so very much. Love you!
I can't even imagine how hard this must be for your family. I so admire all of your faith. I know your dad is watching over you and smiling. So many prayers for your entire family.
Post a Comment