So lots went on in October...
We drove to Utah to be with family to celebrate Little Charlotte's blessing day. We made sure to stop by our favorite place Corn Belly's to let the kids play and enjoy being outside. We love visiting family. We miss our families too much! I honestly don't remember much else that we did while we were there other than Charlotte's baby blessing (I didn't have my camera that day...sad). It has been too long since we went and visited. Which makes me realize I need to be better about blogging again so I can remember more and have our memories on record.
Then I was able to go on a field trip with Jackson's kindergarten class to a pumpkin patch. FUN times! The kids each brought their own bag to pick their own vegetables from the ground. They loved it! Especially the carrots. We rode around on this LARGE tractor pulling a huge open bed in the back. We made about 3 stops and got off to pick our own vegetables. I have never seen anything like this, but was so fun for the kids and it kept them busy. I would say this is the best field trip ever! And the last stop was for their own pumpkin. But the deal was that they had to pick only the food & pumpkin they could carry themselves. It was quite funny to watch them all dragging their bags and pumpkins by the end of the day :)
And of course we had to carve pumpkins... although this was the first year we carved the pumpkins with kids... the kids did NOT help. It was Mom & Dad gutting and carving for the night. We did invite our good friends the Conner's and the Wayman's. This was the 1st year I have baked the pumpkin seeds too. They were super yummy! My friend Mercedes helped me with what to put on them and how to bake them. Matt was a happy guy once they came out of the oven and cooled :)
But we cannot forget the Halloween Costumes... This year for Halloween we had a little snow on the ground. Matt took the kids to some trunk or treats while I went to be a part of my wonderful friend going to the temple for the 1st time. But I was home to help them get ready. They started at Foundations (Jackson's school) for a little indoor "trunk or treat" (moved because of the weather), and then they went to the ward trunk or treat. He said they all had a great time.
And once it was actually Halloween the kids did not want to take any more pictures. We had a Harry Potter, Tinkerbell & an old english golfer. Halloween night we walked up and down our little street, and Matt came home to pass out candy with Daphne and Porter while I went out with Jackson for 2 hours to get his own candy. It was so fun to have some time with just me and Jackson. Those days went by too fast, and I am so glad when I have a chance to have some one-on-one time with him.
It was a fun Halloween in 2012!

No comments:
Post a Comment