Well the day came and went & I totally passed! I didn't cry. I also had a great support here with me to get through this day! Gramma Lucy was able to come visit for a few days and see all the excitement of sending off her 1st Grandbaby to Kindergarten!
I was so happy for him! He did such a great job!
I was so happy for him! He did such a great job!
He got in line,
waved goodbye to me,
and off he went...
Then once school was over I went & picked him up and he said he loved it! And that he is excited for school everyday. I am so happy he is enjoying school.
However, this morning (2nd day of school) when we were getting him dressed he didn't want to get dressed and go to school. So I asked him why he didn't want to go. He said that the other kids were being mean to him. Oh great, my biggest fear... my kid is getting bullied. He said that the kid used "the S word"- meaning shut up, then smacked him in the face. So, he said he told Mrs. Bowers and she made the said kid move his clip down. Then, today once we got home he was so upset, crying about everything. I'm thinking this is just catching up to him. Then he told me that another kid told him to shut up and smacked him in the face again. This time he didn't tell Mrs. Bowers, and thought I would talk with Mrs. Bowers about what was going on. This all could very well be a little more dramatic than what is really happening, but I am worried nonetheless. I hate to hear about my son having a hard time at school.
On a happier note, he has already been singing a song about a penny being worth one cent. I am so glad he is absorbing so much! Matt was able to give Jackson a Father's Blessing Monday night after Family Home Evening. It was a sweet blessing! I am so grateful for a worthy husband that is able to do such a thing to help me and him find comfort through this new chapter in our lives. He also gave Daphne & myself a blessing. It was a special night!
I am so anxious to see his progress through the school year!


4 comments:
That makes me so sad, that is happens in kindergarten and on the first day! I feel bad for you and the other parent, I would be so sad if it were my kid doing the bullying! Jackson is such a cute kid, we will be praying for him and you! Love ya, Em
Poor kid. I"ve learned that it's always good to the teacher whether you think it's an exaggeration or not. I've never had a teacher blow something like that off. Also, sometimes I find out which kid is being mean and a lot of times that kid has a really hard home life--so I try to talk to William and explain that what the other kid is doing isn't right but that he just needs a friend.
I hope school gets better for Jackson! I'm sure it will!
So many emotions huh? Brady just started Preschool too 5 days a week for 3 1/2 hours a day- I had a hard time leaving him & did get some tears. But when I was there with him he was trying to play with other kids & this girl said "no get out of here you cant play with us" & Brady got the biggest, saddest face! It was heart breaking but at least the teacher saw it and fixed the situation! I like all of Jeanine's advice! I hope the school year just gets better for him!
What a great reminder to enjoy these precious days with my kids at home all day, every day.
-Steph
Post a Comment