The second day of fun that was planned was a full day at Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure (DCA)! It truly has been too long since I have been to this magical place... I absolutely love Disneyland, but MY GOODNESS it is just too expensive! My mom found a place that sells a day hopper for $85 for everyone. Full price is $119 for a child, and $125 for an adult. It sure saved us some cash!
 |
| Porter was not happy for the 1st hour we were there... Poor guy! |
 |
| Cars Land! This place was amazing! |
 |
| Porter on his 1st ride! |
We had a blast the entire day. We started our day in DCA, since the new Cars Land opened. Randi and Jana got there in time to get some fast passes for Radiator Springs Racers. We got to the park at 8:45, and got into DCA at 9:00. The park opens at 8, and all the fast passes had been distributed. But Jana was nice enough to give Jackson her fast pass for 8pm. He says it was favorite ride of all! Our first stop with the kids was to ride the new-ish Little Mermaid ride. The kids loved it! Jackson and Daphne are not fans of Ursula, so that was all they could really talk about. Then Phineaus & Ferb came out (one of jackson's favorite shows right now), so that was fun to see that.
Then we headed over to Disneyland, and I really cannot get enough of that place! It really is so magical and I get giddy eveytime we walk through the gates. Daphne really wanted to meet the princesses, and Jackson was so excited to ride the rides (except the big ones that he is finally big enough for).
 |
| Our sad attempt at a family picture |
 |
| Sleeping Beauty! |
 |
| She LOVED meeting Rapunzel and Flynn Rider |
 |
| along with Merida from Brave :) |
 |
| Gramma Sheryl & Daphne in Sleeping Beauty's Castle |
While we were in Disneyland I got to meet up with one of my elementary school teachers that I have kept in contact with since the 4th grade. She, Tammy Baer, was my student teacher in the 4th grade, and then my 6th grade teacher. I loved, and looked up to her so much, and still do to this day! I am quite sad that I didn't get a picture with her, but I will always remember that time with her.
Once we got through most of Disneyland (not nearly everything I wanted to do), we headed back for Randi and Jackson to use their fast passes on Radiator Springs Racers. Porter fell asleep, while Daphne and I went on Maters Junkyard Jamboree. She was so excited till it was our turn to get on, then she cried for me to hold her, and she fell asleep in my arms while we were getting on the ride. But she really did have a lot of fun once the ride started.
 |
| Gramma Sheryl & Daphne walking together |
 |
| Cars Land at night |
 |
| watching one of the rides in Cars Land |
My kids have been looking forward to the day they could go to Disneyland for a long time, and they are already talking about the next time we are in California we are going back. So I guess we are starting another Disneyland savings fund...
Thanks so much Gramma & Grampa for helping us out and making such a lasting memory!
2 comments:
Cars Land looks really cool. I hope we get there sometime this year to see it. Looks like a fun family day
So fun! My favorite it that Daphne fell asleep on the ride. Love the picture of Jana & your mom holding hands.
That is awesome that you keep in touch with a teacher of yours from way back when & that you got to hang out.
Disneyland is such a fun place. That used to be a yearly family vacation for us...lots of fun memories.
-Steph
Post a Comment