7.31.2012

.cherrycreek | reservior.

We were invited to go and meet up with some friends at the Cherry Creek Reservoir (aka The Lake). I had never been, and was hesitant to take 3 kids by myself, but the help was amazing!! Melissa Sherman took Jackson around the bouys, and the older girls that were there took my kids and just played! Gagon Family never ceases to amaze me! Their kids have been a life saver ever since Matt & Ian Gagon (their Dad became the Bishop) were put in the Bishopric last July. They were so good with Jackson & Daphne, that I truly never worried about them...
Daphne enjoying her lunchable

Melissa taking Jackson around in the tube

Gavin & Cohen

My sand lover!

Pretty little Lila Girl!
Until the storm came through. It was an absolutely beautiful day. We saw the dark clouds coming our way and said, "Oh, we can just wait it out. A little rain never hurt anyone." Then the wind came in a HUGE gust, and made everything blow away. The canopy that was steaked down flew! Chairs, towels, toys, floaties, food, and sand were flying everywhere!! We all packed up, and RAN! It started pouring rain. It was a big team effort to get everyone & all our stuff back to the cars. I had Porter in my arms, Daphne was with Darby & her kids. And I told Jackson to get his sandals and to follow me. He was scared and started crying and yelling "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!!" I felt so bad! It was a crazy situation, but we all made it back to the cars, with all our things (except one of Jackson's many wands). We sat and waited for the dark clouds to pass, but it wasn't passing as fast as we hoped. We all loaded up in the cars, and went to McDonalds for some ice cream.
It was a fun-filled, crazy day!

No comments: