4.09.2012

.carpet | removal.

YAY, HOORAY!

After wanting new carpet for over a year, we finally were able to get it done (with our tax return). In order to get what we wanted, and save ourselves $300 we decided to remove the old carpet ourselves. We had to fill our basement & garage with our furniture. Matt recruited some people from the ward, and our good friend Cory Ellis (who took the majority of the old carpet for their basement). We ordered some pizza & got to work!
garage filled with furniture

Matt & Cory removing the carpet in the front room

Christine & Matt Mouritsen removing the tack strip

Matt Mouritsen taking this seriously!

My Matt removing carpet from the stairs
That night we had to sleep in the basement. The kids slept on their mattresses, while Matt & I slept on the futon. It really wasn't that bad... Just glad it was only for one night :)
all I had energy for the day the carpet was put in :)
The front room just after I shop-vaced the room.
I am LOVING my new carpet!!

3 comments:

Anna Winn and Family said...

ahhhhh so nice! Nothing is better than new carpet. Enjoy!

Sara said...

yay! so pretty. Makes the whole house feel new! enjoy.

Heather E. said...

I am glad you are loving your new carpet. My feet are loving your old carpet in our storage room. It is so much nicer to walk into to get a can of something now on carpet instead of cement. :) thanks!