12.04.2011

{Thanksgiving.2011}

This year we decided it was time for our own little Shirley Family Thanksgiving. Which meant I was in charge... making EVERYTHING! Thankfully it was a beautiful day and Matt took the kids out to the park while I was in the kitchen all day.
I don't know how it happened, but I completely miss calculated the time it was going to take for the turkey to cook (thought it was going to take 2.5 hours), then when I recalculated just to make sure... it was needing 4.5 hours. And that morning we had a good friend in town that had moved to Texas just a year prior, so a bunch of girls got together and just sat and chatted with each other. Then we all realized it was us that needed to get home to make sure our Thanksgiving Dinners were ready.
So I got home, got the turkey in (and somehow managed to get a hole in the aluminum dish I bought to cook the turkey in), started the roll dough, and sat for a few minutes thinking of what I needed to do next... nothing.. I could sit and relax for a few minutes.
Once everyone got home, I checked the turkey and it wasn't looking like it was cooking. I started to panic... I ran to the computer to reread the directions I got off the internet. I was doing everything right. PHEW! But then realized it was probably the tear in the bottom wasn't letting it cook right. So I added another 45 minutes to the turkey.Then I started on the mashed potatoes, and the green bean casserole. Got the stuffing made, and we started setting the table. I set out the glass cups (which we never use), and when Jackson saw them, he was nervous that he would break it. I reassured him that it would all be just fine if he was careful.
I could NOT get a normal smile out of her.. hah!

Jackson anxious to eat

Daddy so excited for our own little Thanksgiving!

We had a great little feast!

1 comment:

Leanna said...

It looks lovely!!! What a chef extraordinaire my Heidi!!!