10.07.2011

some thoughts...

These have been some thoughts that have been going through my mind lately...

  • I miss FAMILY
  • I want my kids to grow up with their cousins
  • I want my husband to be happy in his job
  • I want to be able to celebrate holidays with FAMILY
  • I don't want my kids to be the cousins from "out of state"
  • I want my children to have a good/ close relationship with their Grandparents
With all these thoughts we have been in the process of getting our home on the market. It has been taking a bit longer than antcipated, with having a newborn, and the weather starting to change.  We had a stager come and look at the house and help us with some ideas.


Matt has started applying for jobs in both California, and Utah. We have had a couple contact him back. The first one was in Sandy, Utah asking if we were able and willing to move without any financial assistance. Then he got an email saying they filled the position. And just today Matt got a call from an agency in Moreno Valley, California, asking if he could come in for an interview on Wednesday afternoon. Matt told him we were still in Colorado, and asked if they would be willing to do a phone interview, then they asked if he was licensed in the state of California. NOPE! So now we know... Matt needs to get to California to take a resiprocity exam to be licensed in the state of California. And I am sure he will need to do the same thing for Utah, if anyone was to contact him for a job there. So if you are in either of these states and hear of a job in the Mental Health field, send them our way!!

So that is where our little Shirley Family stands right now.

7 comments:

Erin said...

well....california would gladly welcome you home! good luck. I'll keep my ears open.

Jenn said...

I will have Chris keep his ears open too since he is in that field! Good Luck with everything! Like Erin said... Cali would gladly welcome you back! :) good luck!

jeanine said...

I know how you feel! I miss my sisters and wish they were closer... too bad we're all over the country now!

Leanna said...

doesn't it just make you excited to think about the possibility of sharing all the holidays with all the family! it is priceless! i loved living in california for the summer...it just felt soo good. i know we are where we need to be right now...but i know how good it feels to be close to family too. i hope you keep the faith and hope! i'm sure it will all work out...heavenly father wants to bless you and your family!!! love you!

Unknown said...

Utah, Utah, UTAH! Maybe he can look into LDS Services. I hear they offer a lot of mental health assistance. Maybe that would be an option. :)Good Luck!!
P.S. I feel your pain in missing Cali & family. :)

Dejah said...

That's so exciting! I hope you guys get to come back to California. We will listen for something out this way, for sure!

Unknown said...

here's hoping for Utah! :)