9.07.2011

a little bit more of our boy

Porter came to the world on August 30, 2011.
He tricked us a few times, but we decided it was time to have him be a part of our family. We set the induction date for the 30th and went with it. That morning around 1am I started having some contractions on my own and thought why not go in a bit early and see if anything progressed on its own. Nothing happened {once again}. So I was started on pitocin, and the contractions started right up and got closer and more intense. Everyone told me that with the 3rd, they should come much faster than the rest. Not the case. I got the epidural and it took its immediate affect like always {happy momma}, then they broke my water and I got to sleep for about 2 hours. I was a bit nervous to sleep because once my water was broken, the process usually sped up quite a bit, but once again, not the case. We did have to get some oxygen on me, to help me not pass out, but only a minor detail :). I could start to feel the "pressure" and knew that the epidural wasn't working or else it was time to push. Sure enough, it was time to push!
We welcomed Porter into the world at 1:15pm, and have loved this boy sooo much! It was a bit strange to have this Porter without my mom there during the delivery. She has been there for both Jackson & Daphne, but with the uncertainty of having a baby, we have been lucky to have her come right at the right time. She did come that night, once we were already in post partum. Matt went and picked up the kids from my sweet friend Darby's house and brought them by to meet Baby Porter. And another sweet friend was able to pick up my mom from the airport and bring her straight to the hospital.
Welcome to our world Baby Porter... hope you can survive your siblings "love"

2 comments:

The Greens said...

congrats guys!! he is such a cutie. Im sure Jackson and Daphne will be the best siblings ever. Porters been blessed with a sweet family :)

Audra M said...

Beautiful! And a great date as well -- my anniversary! Congrats! Pssss! We are trying again. Josh had a major change of heart. I hope this time next year to have my own little bundle again.

So happy for you!!!! XOXOXO