6.02.2010

June 2nd...

And there was today... we headed off to the Denver Zoo first, and had to hike into the park. But last time we tried to go, I turned around because it was rediculously crowded. So I couldn't do it to Jackson again. It was fun, and Daphne was happy the whole time! Jackson's new favorite this trip was the birds. He has been asking for a bird every time he sees a bird flying around outside. So we got to see some different things this time!
And then... I was making dinner, one of Matt's favorites, tacos. I had the taco meat ready and put some oil on to heat up to fry some taco shells, and totally forgot about it. I hear the smoke alarms go off, and jumped out of my seat and ran into the kitchen. I turned the heat off, and picked up the pan, and POOF! Flames! Thats right. I was holding a pan of flames. I had no idea what to do, so I threw it in the sink, and ran water over it. Jackson was screaming, Daphne was crying, and I was panicing. I seriously thought my house was going to burn. SCARY! My hands got really burnt as well. So I have 2 hands wrapped up, and really shouldn't be on here using them, but needed to get caught up.
This is my kitchen window.
my left hand that got it the worstright hand... and this is what Daphne was doing, while Jackson was outside playing in the backyard, after I got the smoke alarms to stop.

Pretty scary moment! We were definitely being watched over!

12 comments:

Traci Elizabeth said...

thank heavens for smoke alarms, right?

Burns are the worst kind of pain. Hope you get better soon.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

O my gosh!!! Ouch on the hands and I can imagine just how much your heart is still beating just thinking about it! My gosh how freaky!!! I am glad you are all ok and that your house is still standing. Sorry you had to experience that!

Jessica said...

oh my goodness. glad you are ok for the most part. make sure to get that burn taken care of! yikes...

Emily said...

Heidi! That is so awful! I am sorry you got burned, how painful and I am glad you and the kids are safe. I am always burning myself on accident in the kitchen. Normally when I am pulling things out of the oven! I love all the pictures from the zoo, super cute.

taradon said...

Your poor hands! I hope they heal quickly. And I'm glad you at least had a fun day up until that point!

Sheryl said...

Hate those traumatic events in life especially when your momma isnt minutes away!! My babies are getting too big. Can't wait for our California adventures in a few weeks!!

Ashley said...

Oh no! I wouldn't have known what to do either. I'm glad that you didn't get worse than your hands being burnt, although that must be a bummer too!

Tera said...

Burns are so painful. I am so sorry that happended. It's going to be really tough for you to take care of the kids for the next few days.

Stephanie said...

Glad you are okay and your house is still in one piece.

Daphne has changed a lot. She looks older :)

Elise said...

YOUCH!! Thank goodness you are all ok! YOu definitely were watched over. Your poor hands though. . .

The Greens said...

Hope your hands heal quickly....i guess you wont be making tacos any time soon. :)

Sundbergs said...

Your poor hands. I bet they hurt bad. Thanks goodness everyhitng was ok.