8.03.2009

Daphne's BIG DAY!

So today was the day... we were able to bless our daughter Daphne Jill Shirley. Matt did a great job, the spirit was strong and we had so many people come to support us in the occasion. Daphne even got to wear the same blessing dress I was blessed in 27 years ago that my Grandma Pitt made for me! What a special thing!I really cannot believe that we have a family of 4 now. Just seeing that picture makes my heart full, and helps me realize the huge blessing it is to be a member of this true Church, and to have such an awesome husband that is a worthy priesthood holder, that is able to bless our children, and to have them sealed to us for time and all eternity. It really helps me have an eternal perspective on life. We truly are so blessed to have such healthy and happy children. Thanks to all that came to celebrate with us in our little girl's special day!
and of course we had to take a 4 generations picture!

My mom talking with Daphne

What a special day!

15 comments:

Leanna said...

Heidi so so special to bless your baby girl. Yesterday they blessed two babies in our ward...and I thought...I wish I could have been there with my Heidi...and I wish that our baby can be blessed already. I think we finally have a date...Oct 11th...we'll see. She just looks so beautiful and how special that she has your dress. I should find mine and see if it fits. Love you my Heidi! Can't wait to see you!

Jackson 3 said...

How so cute & special that is. Such a cute little family you have there!

Sundbergs said...

That is so awesome. We are so lucky to have the gospel in our lives. Your family is beautiful. Congrats on your special day

The Loveridge Family said...

She looks so beautiful! What a great day! Hope you are having fun with all your family!!!

jeanine said...

She is so sweet! I love all the pictures... espcially the 4 generations!

Ashley said...

I remember Kennedy's blessing. It was awesome. I'm glad you had such a special day!

Traci Elizabeth said...

what a beautiful family you have Heidi. Congrats and daphne is soo beautiful!me

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

She is beautiful! What a special day for all of you!

The Hardy's said...

Congrats! She looks beautiful in her dress!

Erin said...

Nice pics. Glad it was a nice day! How cool she wore the same dress you did!

Brendon said...

That's so neat that Daphne wore your blessing dress. What a cute little family you have. Glad you had fun in CA!

Shannon said...

Oh baby blessings are great days! And it is so cute to see you as a family of 4, looks natural and like you are loving it. And I love Jill for a middle name, so sweet.

Unknown said...

I love the pictures! What a great day. These are the times that I hate living so far away. But thanks for coming to visit us yesterday so I could fall in love with your beautiful babies!! :)

Dana & Genni Bain said...

That is so cool she used your blessing gown...happy moments. she is beautiful. :)

Katie Jean said...

wish we could have been there. but at least we still got to see you! your kids are so dang cute! love u guys!