10.22.2008

fun in california

WOW... I just erased what I wrote so I will try again...
Let me first start with the flight out to CA. We headed out to the airport for the flight that left at 7:30, and we got there in line around 6:20. While standing in line we notice that it says you have be checked in 45 minutes prior to your take off. So at that point our options were to either wait for the next flight that left at 11:30 and go with our luggage, or go at 7:30 and wait for our luggage at the airport. So we decided to wait in the Denver airport for a good 3 1/2 hours for the next flight. By the time we got on the flight it was obviously nap time, and Jackson cried for 25 minutes, while I'm sure everyone thought I didn't know how to handle my own child. Once we landed, Mom and Skyler were waiting for us, and we went to lunch, sat through lovely California traffic, and finally got home to my parents house.

While we were there, I had a few relaxing days, and got to enjoy 30-45 minutes extra sleep in the mornings while my mom and Skyler took Jackson out of the room when he woke up to eat some breakfast. LOVED that!
One day my good friend Wes got us into Disneyland for FREE! Jackson's favorite ride had to be Dumbo. Skyler took off to ride 4 of the major rides in just over an hour. Not typical. There really weren't many crowds at all. I think the longest we waited was 45 minutes. Not bad! We loved all the fun Halloween decor. I hadn't seen that place to decroated for that holiday ever. Tells you how long its been since I went to Disneyland. Fun day had by all! Most of the pictures I took were on my mom's camera, so if you want more go to her blog.




Another day I was able to go spend time with my Cousin Becki, and her baby boy Luke at her new house. It was one fantastic house. I loved the HUGE windows! And of course I had to take some pictures of her cute boy Luke! He gets so excited over the smallest things. I miss that so much! I also went and saw a good friend of mine, Amber, and her darling girls.


Then Sunday was the sad day. We went to Stake Conference in the Corona Stake, and got to see lots of people that I would have otherwise not seen. Then all my siblings that live in California came to have lunch at my parents house before we left for LAX. I love my family and miss them all terribly! But we will be seeing the Shirley's for Christmas. We are so excited for that!
Thanks again mom and dad for a great visit to California!
LOVE YOU!

9 comments:

Jenn said...

Sounds like a BLAST!! Family is the best! so sad that I missed you once again... I ran into your mom a few times at church with Jackson and hes a cutie!

Sheryl said...

Cute, cute pictures of the boys!! Miss your cute faces and getting my morning lovin's with my boy!

Ashley said...

Jackson is so cute! He seems to really like younger kids.

Carolyn Baggett said...

oh my gosh, Becky's son Luke is soooo big now. The last time I saw a picture of him he was just an infant. well, we share something in common... living too far away from our mammas!!

Sundbergs said...

What a fun trip. I bet he loved all the attention.

Emily said...

What a great visit! Love all the pictures :)

Lisa Webb said...

I am so sad we never hooked up, next time! Glad you had fun! miss you!

julie said...

such fun!!! skylar is such a great kid, just thought that immediately when i saw his face. i was glad to see you guys at the shower... even though we didn't really get a chance to chat... i have been out of this whole world for a month & now i feel overwhelmed by all i have missed out on in everyones lives... almost made me want to just throw in the towel... but i can't, love it to much! so anywhoo, i would have voted for the golfer... so cute! xo

Katie Jean said...

yay for CA! How fun to take jackson to D-land! what a qt!