Okay... So this is what my {our} day looked like. Jackson was a little happier than I was. Once you read my story you'll understand.
It started with us getting out of the house at 9:15 to go get an oil change {since we are leaving for Utah tomorrow afternoon}. We have these coupon things we bought from Tires Plus {side-bar... this guy came around one afternoon, and sold me this coupon book for $60 and I got 6 "free" oil changes, and like $400 worth of savings.} so I had to go there. I get there and I ask how long its going to take to get this 20 minute service done, and he tells me about 2 hours... there is only one guy working and they are falling behind already. So I had brought the stroller with me because I was expecting this. So Jackson and I are off to Hobby Lobby. I can easily spend 1-2 hours in that place... EASY right... shop for 2 hours, pick up my car and get home for J's nap... WRONG!!!
I get back there and my car is still parked in the same spot I left it 3 hours ago. Thats right. I gave them an hour more than what they told me. So I go in and ask the guy... "how many cars are still in front of me?" He says, "we are about 2 cars behind, so there are 2 cars in front of you." Okay I can handle that...
WRONG AGAIN...
5 HOURS LATER....
I finally got my car back. Thats right... 5 hours {well 5 hours and 15 minutes actually}.
So I still have to run to Walmart to pick up some ice and drinks for the road trip tomorrow, and by this time it is 3:30. But let me tell you something... I have Activity Days going on at 4:00. So I run home unload the car, and grab Jackson a string cheese, and head out. Then once I get home from activity days, I get a call from my visiting teaching companion telling me that we have an appointment in 30 minutes. So again, I get J some food and get some water for myself, and head out the door again. Let me remind you... J hasn't had a nap ALL day! So when I finally got home at 7:45, I fed J some dinner, gave him a bath, and put him to bed...
Then made some pork chops for dinner, ate by myself {Matt was hard at work with his 2nd job}, and then started laundry so that we have clean clothes to pack {which still isn't done}.
Blogging is truly my outlet!
Thanks for listening!



20 comments:
oh my gosh!!! I HATE days like that! at least it sounds like Jackson lasted though! The worst is when your having a crappy day like that, and the babe is not having it either!! Ahhh!
Oh Heidi! What a day! I think I might have cried. (But at least you had Hobby Lobby for a few hours with no rush right? I LOVE that place!)
Oh baby, no fun at all!! What a long day. I hate it when you think you can get some things accomplished, and then....:( Well I hope your day goes better today, and you can relax and enjoy cheering Matt on in his 1/2 marathon. Go Matt!
Yuck. I understand your need to rant.
Wow what a day. I would have been yelling. Your so patient, something I need to learn.
That sure was a crazy day! Glad you made through it. I saw your "status" on facebook last night and thought to myself "boy she sure had a busy day." Good Luck to Matt! Cant wait to see pictures.
Crazy day! I am glad you got to blog :) Also car places are the worst, its not Pep boys is it? They made me wait 7 hours for something and I was livid by the end of my Saturday! I feel for you!
arrrrhhh I hate getting my car fixed! My brakes need attention and I am putting it off because it's like going on vacation execpt with out the fun part! You need all day to just sit in a yucky waiting room! Sounds like a job for derrick! HA!
In sane! That's one of those things when you want to get really mad at the business, but there's not a lot you can do about it. Times like that, I like to write a letter to the business, in hopes that they send me coupons :) ...okay, I'm all talk, I've never written a letter before. But I know people who have.
Then again, you probably already have enough coupons to that place.
yikes... I hate all car issues. Don't you wish they could take care of themselves.
what, a 1/2 marathon??? crazy man. really, i'm just envious that he can run further than I can. Good luck Matt.
YIKES! That is frustrating!
Yikes, you're more patient than I am. I would have given up and taken my car somewhere else. Have fun in Utah.
I am shaking for you! I can't handle days like that very well. I always make Paul do the take the car and fix it stuff, because I am not patient enough to do it! Hope your trip goes well!
i was grinding my teeth together just reading it. What a good boy tho,, i've had days like that. So hard to be positive. Love you!
Lynz
That is an awful day. What a trooper your little boy is. I hope you are having a greta trip.
OOOOOO! I HATE days like that. Luckily, we somehow live through them. It seems logical as a reader to have said no to something. But I know if it was me, I would have done everything, too. Except maybe the pork chops. Wendy's dollar menu, here I come. It's bad enough when that happens on a regular day, but the day before a trip just magnifies everything. That happened to me once. I remember staying up until like two hours before it was time to leave the next day. And who likes to travel so tired? Way to start the trip off on the wrong foot.
You are seriously the traveler. I can't believe your back on the road.
I so hate those days! And that is ridiculous waiting time...gosh! I feel your pain sista'
I hate going to get my car worked on!!! I feel for you and for the fact that the next day you had to be in the car all day.
Hey! Does that mean that you are in UT right now??! What are you doing here? You are more than welcome to crash here or get some grub. We would love to have you...and sorry about your day...I totally sympathize!
i want to cry... xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment