Okay... so my husband has a problem with the "C" word... Yep, that would be Costco. He genuinely thinks its a huge scam to get people to buy things that they don't need. His favorite example is, "why would we need 5 gallons of mustard?" But if you knew Matt he would really use that mustard in good time.
We always go with a list, and before we walk in the store Matt says, "Now what is on our list? What are we getting?" We really mainly go for our meats, wipes, paper goods, and food storage things... so we really do get what we need out of that place. Our friends {The Ellis'} have a Sam's Club card, and since Matt has expressed his thoughts on these whole-sale places, they now call it "Scam's Club." But today Matt saw that I had bought more sandwich bags {200 count}, and commented that we should have enough bags to last us till Jackson turns 5. I then responded and said, "I could have gotten 500 bags at Costco," and Matt says, "Not the 'C' word."

9 comments:
Hahahaha, that's great. I agree that some of the stuff, like fruit, is a horrible idea unless you are having a party. But we go there for cat food, litter, diapers, wipes, formula, and anything else that doesn't go bad. It's so awesome for stuff like that!
Yep, what am I gonna do with 5 lbs of cheese now that my children are leaving me??? Oh yeah, buy smaller and SAVE money!!
That is too funny! I have both a Sams and Costco card and I LOVE it and I don't even have kids yet!
Plus you gotta love the FREE samples!!
I can totally picture Matt being like that!! Lane and I both had a good laugh when we read it! (I love Costco... don't tell Matt!!)
very funny! Now that I don't have a costco card, I want one again, even though when I had it, I hardly used it, except for gas!
Matt, how can you not like Costco, seriously, we need to talk. This is... like sin serious. Costco rules. miss you guys already. Thanks for posting Jackson doing his muscles. Chad and Kate both are breathing a sigh of relief to be able to see him. Still makes us all laugh. give him a big squish from all of us!
LOL! Do all men come with the complain about good deals chip! I swear I have had the same conversation/argument with Paul!
Yep I am one of those. I have both Costco and Sam's cards. I go to one or the other every week. We do our main shopping there and only occasionally go to the regular super market. It is the best place for bread, milk, cheese, eggs, cereal, and TP.
Sometimes I do feel like I need a bigger kitchen so that I can store all of the surplus until I am ready to use it. We always say we are just building up our food storage. We are totally set with toothpaste if there is ever a big disaster! :)
I love Costco!!!! Thats hilarious tho, he's a very logical thinker.
Post a Comment