7.29.2008

EarTQuaKe

That's right... Jackson and I are in California still, and just had an earthquake! I haven't experienced one of those for a long time. Jackson was down for a nap, and slept right through it {his first earthquake ever}. It was measured to be a 5.8 for a good 8-10 seconds long, and the epicenter was in Chino Hills/ Diamond Bar area, which is very close to my parents house. As it started it was very subtle, then rolled to a big BOOM. Then I ran to check on Jackson, and he was still sleeping away. Then we felt a few aftershocks, but heard there were 27 of them.

My mom just called to make sure we were okay. She was at work and with all the special needs kids they had to evacuate, they are all okay as well. No damage done here.

6 comments:

Brian and Lindsay Holmstrom said...

Hey! I just heard about the earthquake on the news, I am glad all is well. Its weird but I sometimes miss earthquakes. I am in Arizona now. I love blogging and getting back in touch with old friends! Your family is so cute!

Jenn said...

I felt it too Heidi! No fun, I do not like earthquakes at all. But our building is on rollers so we were still moving for awhile after it passed. Glad there is no damage!

The Biggs Family said...

yeah it was pretty crazy. Living in Chino, it was really strong! My heart is still pounding hard. I felt so helpless, here I am trying not to freak out and I have two kids to clam and get to safety. Outside my street lamp was moving like 4 feet to each side...that was crazy, seeing stuff outside move. And there were 27 aftershocks. Glad you guys are ok.

Traci Elizabeth said...

That was the worst experience EVER. I love that Jackson slept through it ... Olivia didnt think anything of it.

Leanna said...

crazy heidi! just to think it hit when you were there...you just never know these things. it's amazing that there is no major damage...i think that is awesome! good job cali building codes. glad everyone is okay!

Christensen Family said...

I've never been in an earthquake and I hope that I never do. That is one thing Blake doesn't miss about California. We're glad everything is okay. That must have been scary. I'm glad Jackson slept through it.