7.06.2008

DAY 6 & 7...

So Day 6 we planned a day of shopping in Downtown Disney. It was fun, but its nothing like downtown Disney in CA. This one isn't a straight shot street. I ran into World of Disney thinking I was early enough to get jackson's Mickey ears with his name on it, but when we got there, around 11, I went straight to the store and they originally told me that they wouldn't be ready till 4:50, and I kind of gave her a look like, "I can't wait that long," and she got his hat in earlier so that they were ready by 2:50. YAY! Only problem was that I forgot the ears that I bought him earlier, so we had to buy another pair of ears, so Jackson now has one with his name and one without. Oh and we had to get a carmel apple, with white chocolate and butterfinger! MMMMMM!

____________________________________________________________________

DAY 7... Traveling home, taxi ride...

SO this is the best story ever! Matt and I had our flight to leave at 1:05 and Lisa had her flight leaving at 12:30, so we were planning on leaving for the airport at the same time, only problem was, was that my in-laws had to check out of the house at 11. So the plan was to have Ken take us to the airport with EVERYTHING packed ready to go so they could drive home to Georgia right after they dropped us off. But as we thought about it, there was NO way we were all going to fit in the car with all our luggage, so Ken offered to get us a taxi.

First thing... I tried putting Jackson's carseat in the middle of the back seat, and there was no seat belt. so I had to put him on the side, and I didnt have a seat belt.

Then... the first thing she says to us is that its her 2nd day as a taxi driver, and that she has never driven on that side of town before. Let me remind you that they charge you for every 1/8 of a mile, or every 30 seconds of waiting. As we are driving we saw a sign that said AIRPORT, with a little airplane, and as we are driving passed it, we said "Isn't the airport that way?" and she said "No, I know a faster way." SO NOT TRUE! When Ken called he asked for an estimate of the price, and they told us it was going to be $65, and it was only 35 minutes away. It took us 50 minutes and cost $89. Needless to say there was NO TIP given to her.

As Lisa and I were sitting in the back, Lisa turns to me and says, "I just want to get out of this car, I feel like I'm in a bad movie." I would have to agree.

That had to be the most uncomfortable situation ever! But we got to the airport safely and now are home safe and sound.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Heidi what a headache! I am glad your home too! :)

Lisa Webb said...

LOVE THE EARS!! Worth the wait!

Jenn said...

That was a GREAT story! Glad you guys made it to the airport. I LOVE Jackson's ears!

Erin said...

What a fun fun trip. I didnt realize Matts family was going too. I have heard that Disneyworld is bigger than we are aware of. I love it. Im glad you got to go and have a good time. I still cant believe that you paid 90 freakin bucks for a taxi. ouch.

Unknown said...

So many pictures!!! So fun! I would love to go to all those shows! I'm glad your'e home and out of that taxi!

Christensen Family said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun. Looks like Jackson did so good through it all too. My kids love Beauty and the Beast. What a fun family vacation and memories.

jeanine said...

yikes! I would SO not be happy about the taxi ride!