5.17.2008

Monkey see... Monkey DO!

Tonight as Matt and I were watching TV, we were letting Jackson get some walking practice with his walking toy {thanks gramma Sheryl}, and I turned around to find this...

So I know kids learn from our example, but this little boy is picking up on everything. This morning Matt was putting on lotion, and Jackson started rubbing his arms like he was putting some on too. And since we live away from all our family Matt and I are always on the phone talking with someone. So Jackson has started to grab phones and put them to his hear. But he just recently started holding it the right way, and acting like he is talking on the phone. One afternoon, Matt called and I was talking with him, and it was obvious that Jackson wanted have a few words himself. I know its short but its all I could get before he hung up.

16 comments:

Elise said...

Oh, he's just growing up so fast! It's probably hard to imagine him walking all over the place (Jordan didn't start until 14 1/2 months! I thought he would never walk!). Now I can hardly keep up with him :) Jackson is just so so adorable!

Christensen Family said...

It's a little scary how much they do copy us. He is cute! They grow up too fast.

Erin said...

Gotta love the little "shadow" or "parott" stage.

Awesome hike pictures BTW! Looks gorgeous out there!

He is getting so big-don't blink you'll miss something!!

Jenn said...

LOVE IT! I love, love, love the baby talk... so cute, he is getting so big!

Emily said...

That is so cute and funny!

Sheryl said...

that is my CUTEST BOY!! I love the babbling...he tells the best stories a gramma ever heard!

Lisa Webb said...

he is so ready to walk, it will only be a matter of time before he's running! I love him talking on the phone! They are crazy little sponges!

Shalece said...

He is so adorable. My son Tyson watched the clip of him walking and was like "cute baby!!" :-) He really is so cute.

Emily said...

I love how he is about to hang up on your hubby. Daylen now answers the home phone which is so funny!

Hillary said...

Aww...he is too cute!

Jackson 3 said...

That is so funny & way too cute. It's still so strange to me when the first time they do something, I'm like how did they know to do that?? It's just crazy how fast they learn!!! Eli has now just mastered turning around & sliding off the side of our bed! He even holds on to the blanket so he doesn't go too fast! I only showed him once and he does it all the time now when he wants down. I think it's so crazy!

Mama Bear said...

I love it! This is such a fun age...they seriously go from babies into full-fledged toddlers in a blink of an eye! Enjoy this stage...it is such a sweet one! They are such tiny little things...but so observant and smart! It's pretty amazing!!

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

I love all of the new posts! He is looking so big and cute. Addy loves to watch the little videos you've posted of him!!

Anonymous said...

oh how true it is that they do watch and learn from everything we do! Love the phone talking ... too cute!

Katie Jean said...

those videos of jackson are so cute! i cant believe how big he is getting! they grow fast though im realizing. So Cute!!

julie said...

this is the best time!!!sadie has started to figure it all out as well... i'm not quite as good as you are about getting my photos & video up... but you've inspired me. she will brush her hair & talk on the phone & mimic whatever noise she can. i love it all!!!