4.18.2008

Bzzz...

Today I decided to get a start on our backyard {which I'm a little excited about}. While my mother-in-law Lucy and sister-in-law Lisa were here the weekend of General Conference, we went outside just to check out the backyard and see why there were all these little balls with thorns all around them. We found out that our backyard is infested with nasty little weeds that create the little balls. So while we were out there was got a little start on what to later find as a very big project.


So today in my determination of getting this big project started I went to Target to get some weeding gloves {2 so Matt can and will help}, and a hose to get the grass, or should I just say yard, soft. But while I was watering the backyard I heard some Bzzzz sounds. I looked up to find our 2 little bity trees FULL of BEES! So I was hesitant to continue but knew what a project this was going to be, and J was down for a nap {had the take advantage of the time}.

Here are a few pictures of what the backyard looks like now. Hopefully there will be a change in the next 2 weeks!

Wish us Luck!
THE BACKYARD

THE WEEDS

CAN YOU HEAR THE BZZZ?

THAT IS ONE OF THE BEES, CAN YOU SEE IT?

9 comments:

Mama Bear said...

Okay, I know you don't have the beach there...but you do have a yard! How lucky are you?? :) Good luck with the bees and the weeds! Don't get stung!!

Sorensens said...

Hello Bee Keepers. Iam glad that the bees are on your street and not mine (heheh). Looks like you guys have a big project ahead of you. -Have Fun.

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

How fun to have a big back yard to work on! I hate bees... I would have run inside! Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done!

jeanine said...

Oh Heidi... i totally sympathize with you about the weeds. Our backyard is horribly infested with weeds that we can't seem to get rid of! Good luck!

Sundbergs said...

We always had bees in the summer. Jackson's 1st year pics are so cute.

Emily said...

Sounds like your buzzy (busy!) How fun to have family down! :)

Katie Jean said...

hey hi-ho! i love how big your yard is! i love giving myself projects that have to do with our house. its so fun! i cant wait to see it when its finished!

Jenn said...

I can totally picture you looking up and seeing all those bees... if i was there with you we would have just been laughing so hard b/c we would have been freaking out! I love this time of year though. MISS YA!

Anonymous said...

sweet back yard! my solution for the bzzz is a bit old fashioned .... a hose with a really hard sprayer!