3.06.2008

Food Log

With all this non-sense that I cannot figure out with Baby J, I have decided to start a food log with all the food and liguids that I feed him. Hopefully this helps me figure out what it is that he is reacting to. Any other good ideas?

A BIG thank you to all you that have responded to the last few posts. You are all a great strength to me!

7 comments:

The Biggs Family said...

I was reading your last few posts, and remember if you are nursing him, it could be something your eating. And that can stay in you for three days. I have had so many things like this with Shane, its hard I know. Good luck, and I think the food dairy will help.

Jenn said...

Heidi, I think this is a good idea to start a food log! I have alot of digestive problems and had to do this food log a few months ago to see if it was something I was allergic to. Its tough but stick with it. You and Jackson are in our prayers! Hang in there.

Unknown said...

My sister's baby is allergic to cow milk. So since she's nursing she's had to cut out all dairy from her diet too because it transfers to the baby. I think you mentioned you're still nursing him occasionally, so if you're still eating those things the allergens will pass to him. It took my sister a few weeks to start to see a difference in the baby since it takes time for all the allergens to leave the baby's body. So try not to be so hard on yourself!

Welch Family said...

I think the food log is the perfect place to start in figuring out what causes the allergic reactions.
If you are still having problems with his weight.....when Hunter's weight was off the chart the pediatrician recommended safflower oil. You can find it in the grocery store near the olive oil, etc. It is a very healthy oil and is used in the NICU for under weight babies. I don't remember the dose, I would ask J's pediatrician.

I wish all the best!

Lisa Webb said...

Good luck with the log, got no advice Landon eats ANYTHING! Found him removing drywall from our apartment and eating it the other day and at church he moves from one person to the next looking for snacks in purses, like we never feed him at home!

Sundbergs said...

Oh scary to have to deal with all of this. I think the food log is a great idea. How awful to deal with allergies. Getting him tested was a great idea. He is lucky to have such a great mama. We will keep the little guy in our prayers. Hang in there I am sure it will get better.

La Familia! said...

Hey Heidi! sorry bout J! Hey my sister in law was telling me ( because she was having so many problems with EVERYTHING he ate) so she took him off everything for like a month and just nursed him. Then after the month she started all over from the beginning with food and trying each food, and everything just went away...lol it was lik she rebooted his stomach! Hope this helps!

Sara