Where did you meet your husband?
We first met at a Young Single Adult FHE activity. He was shooting some hoops, and I wanted to make another guy jealous... Too funny!
What was the first thing he said to you?
I really don't remember... maybe... "hey, how are you? what is your name?" That sounds about right?
When was your first date?
Kind of an awkward 1st date... well, frist of all, he decided to call me about 3 hours before the actual date, and I had plans to go to Disneyland with some other friends. But since getting asked out was not a frequent occurance I decided to not go to Disneyland, but go on the date. So Matt came and picked me up and we went to eat dinner that the other couple that we were doubling with made. We had mexican food. Then we went out to see "The Incredibles." Cute movie! The awkward part was that this was our first date and this other couple had been dating for a while and they were ALL OVER each other!
When was your first kiss?
I actually remember the date... it was March 12th. It was a day full of mixed emotions... We had a stake temple day at the LA Temple. I had invited Matt to come to eat with my family out in LA, so I invited him in the Celestial Room to come out to eat with us... he said yes and that he would meet me out in front of the Temple. Then once I got out he was gone and told my brother Brendon that he was going home with his family. So I was getting really nervous, and didn't know why he left. At this time we were still trying to figure out whether or not we were going to be exclusive. So I got home after leaving my cell phone at home. He had left a message saying that we "needed to talk," So I called him back and asked him what we needed to talk about, and he said that what he wanted to say he couldn't tell me over the phone... so he asked if he could come by and "talk." As I was at home analyzing the day, I just figured that he didn't want to date me & that he wanted to come by to tell me that. So of course I started crying and getting upset... then he comes and said that I didn't look like I wanted to see him {of course I didn't want to hear that someone didn't want to date me}. But then he processed to tell me that he was so comforted and felt really good about the two of us... and then told me that he was ready to be exclusive! Then he KISSED ME!!! On my parents couch! How romantic right? Hehehehe!
Long/Short Courtship/Engagement?
Our Courtship started on March 12th! We were then dating, and broke up twice I think{Matt had some soul searching to do}. Then I invited him to come camping in August with my family in Mammoth, CA, and on our drive up {just the 2 of us in his car} we talked about us getting married. Our first thought was the following April, so Matt could finish grad-school, and get a job so we could afford an apartment in Southern CA. Then we started thinking about it, and decided to push it up to December. Matt then proposed on September 11th at a look out point in Lake Elsinore, with some very romantic motorcycle sounds in the background... it was in the middle of the afternoon. We were then engaged for 3 1/2 months!
When did you get Married?
We were sealed in the Redlands California Temple on December 30, 2005! Greatest day! Gotta love December weddings in Southern California!
Where did you honeymoon?
Matt had asked me where I wanted to go on our honeymoon, and I told him a Disney Cruise... not thinking it was even possible. Our other choice, ironically, was Aspen Colorado. And to make it a ski trip and rent a cabin up in the mountains... then much to my surprise... we were able to go on the Cruise! Totally recommend it! It was so much fun! Disney owns their own private island {Castaway Cay}. The only people that are allowed on the Island are people from the Cruise ship! It was truly amazing! I really want to go again for our 10th anniversary, but Matt says not till our 25th!
The people that are tagged are the people who read this... Unless you are sick of being tagged... Just post a picture of you and your Honey! I'll be looking!
9 years ago

5 comments:
SO cute I loved reading about your courtship!
It was fun to hear how you guys met and dated. So cute!
How fun to actually know your story! I am so glad you two found each other. I love hearing love stories, because hopefully one day I will have my own to tell of it actually working out :)
that was so fun to read about! you guys are cute!!
cute post! does my picture post count as doing this tag? i think they said it all ;)
Post a Comment