9 years ago
2.13.2008
Happy Birthday Matt & Lane
On Monday late afternoon, Matt's college friends Lane & Katie Eyre came into Denver from St. George Utah for an interview with a VA Hospital. His first scheduled interview was on Friday but on their way in they were taken off the Interstate 70 and put in a shelter overnight. So they were able to move his interview to Tuesday morning. So they came in Monday to be able to make it a quick drive to the Hospital on Tuesday morning.
Lane's birthday is February 11th and Matt's is February 12th. So for the first time ever I went all out and made a cake from scratch! I know... what was I thinking making it for the first time for my husband and his friend's birthday. But I had to start some time. I was feeling really ambicious and wanted to make everything from scratch... but it all wasn't a success. The filling... failed. The icing... failed. So of course I had to make a run to the store to buy all that... failed. The cake tasted surprisingly good. And of course the frosting was good... store bought!
It was a fun little celebration with Matt's good friends the Eyre's!
Posted by
Heidi
at
6:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
We loved being at your house! You guys are great.. I wish we lived closer! And that cake- fabulous!!!
Ooops... I meant to write... THANKS AGAIN for everything!
Happy Birthday W.C.!!!
That is so funny about the cake. When I threw a surprise party for my friend Tara, I wanted to decorate the cake all cute and it turned out all wrong, the actual cake was yummy, but the letters looked horrible. For being somewhat of a perfectionist I was disappointed!
I don't even try to do cakes by scratch! I am so scared. It would be really awesome to take a cake baking/decorating class, maybe one day! Happy bday to your hubby!
I've never made a cake from scratch! Way to go!!!
Happy Birthday Matt! I have never made a cake from scratch either and probably would have been stressing out making it for the first time for friends! Glad it all turned out in the end.
Post a Comment