I'm not sure how many of you went to the World Wide Leadership training on Saturday, but Matt and I were able to go and it was so great! Just some of the notes that I was able to take while Matt and I switched off with taking Jabber-Jaws {Jackson}. The training was centered around families and how to help strengthen and encourage Eternal families with an Eternal perspective. So here they are...
- We should be living in a "Gospel Culture"
- Before a family unit can be formed there must be a mutual understanding of what will be taught in the home.
- Family scripture study should be adapted to what your family dynamic is.
- No TV during dinner time, only conversation {A Shirley Family goal!}
- ALL things point to the Temple - It's where we become Eternal Families
- Mother & Father - Eternal callings
- Keep praying, keep learning - some people only learn through making mistakes & using the power of the Atonement
- Simply LOVE ONE ANOTHER!
- Having too much or too little can put us in a state of stagnancy. Don't exclude the spiritual things
- Create a climate... where something can grow... NUTURE with Faith, Hope & Charity!
PRESIDENT THOMAS S. MONSON
- Establish a Pattern of Prayer - Family, couples & personal prayers
- Have a Library of Learning in our Homes - "a nation becomes what our children read in their youth"
- Enjoy a Legacy of LOVE - Children absorb what they see their parents do. Jacob 2:35

2 comments:
That's interesting..I'm gonna write this down and put it to the test. Eating dinner without the TV on that is a goal I've been wanting to work on. Thanks Heidi
Thanks for posting this!
Post a Comment