1.27.2008

OUR AMAZING PROPHET

We just got news from Matt's sister Lisa that lives in Utah that our beloved Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley passed away today {1.27.08} at the age of 97 surrounded by his loving family at 7:00. We also went onto the church news website and it was confirmed.

He was an amazing Prophet and I will always have a special place for him in my heart. He will FOREVER be known as the Prophet that built Temples. I know that he was the reason that I was so eager to learn and know more about Temples. It was quite ironic that tonight when we got notice of this happening, Matt and I were sitting in our family room listening to an old General Conference CD of Pres Hinckley speaking. I love this man!

He is now Forever with his Wife! What a precious moment I'm sure it was for them to be together again! Our love for him... from the Shirley Family!

6 comments:

Sundbergs said...

I feel the same way. It will be so different as him not leading our church, but I am sure he is so happy to be with his wife. He is such an amazing man and we were so blessed to have him as our prophet.

Lisa Webb said...

thanks for the text, with in about 5 minutes I got the same text 5 times! Glad to see everyone is keeping me up to date!

everyday katie said...

I just got the news. Sad day for us...happy for him and his wife.

Jenn said...

He was a GREAT prophet and will def. be missed! We just heard him speak at our stake conference a few weeks ago and he looked so good!

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

Thanks for the text message, we wouldn't have known otherwise! We agree with everyone else, what a great man, and what a happy reunion in heaven!

Heather E. said...

I agree!