Well, today was Jackson's 9 month "well baby" check up...
We knew he was going to be a little smaller than the normal kid... but what is normal? We don't know... and when we were in California for Christmas and were around our family (the Holmes side), we saw that Jackson was the smallest of all the babies there. Jackson was born first in April and the others were born at least 2 months later, and he was the smallest of all! But Matt is kind of the runt of that side of the family anyway. So I guess our little guy will be getting beat up by our cousins babies.
But on with the results, the "well baby" check up... He weighed in at a whoppin' 16lbs 2oz, and nearly 27 inches long (26 3/4). Which then put him in the 5th percentile of height and he wasn't even on the charts for weight... Like I said... he's just a little guy! She wrote on the paper >3% for his weight... Kinda sad! So we are trying to think of ways to get this little boy up to speed with everyone else.
However, he has been throwing up some of the solids that we are giving him ( we're thinking the flu), and he has started to crawl. So those 2 things together = weight loss, right?
Well... we will wait to see what the Year mark brings with his next check up!
8 years ago

14 comments:
He's such a cutie! I think Maryn out weighs him now though. Sorry we didn't make it to your house warming. It was a crazy day. I'd still love to come see your house soon though!!!
Funny that you called Matt a runt! I wouldn't worry too much, especially if the doctor didn't seem to worried. He'll be fine- plus he's adorable!
Hey factor in the cutting of teeth too. Our baby will be just fabulous as always. Heaven knows he loves his food. He just needs some more cheesecake and Ice Cream! I know take him back to Costco for samples, he loved that!!
Love you tons!
He is adorable Heidi! I don't think it will matter in the long run! But, it is fun to track their growth and weight! I think back to how much I weighed when I was born and now and what a surprise!
So Jackson didn't inherit the Holmes height it seems!! Its okay, he is still an adorable little Jackson!
I actually wouldn't have guessed he was small from pictures. He's got those cute chubby cheeks. Don't worry...it's just a number. My kids have all been off the charts on the other end of the spectrum. My pediatrician said not to worry. By age 2 they all tend to average out anyway. The small kids get bigger and the big kids get smaller.
He doesn't look small to me, but then again he has those great cheeks. Everyone always says Nathan is so big, when in fact his height was 50th and weight 30th. But that darn head makes him look big. Jackson is so cute and I'm sure he will be just fine. Sounds like you are a worry wart like me!!:)
Well, Sadie is a little amazon! She is only 6 months & weighed 18 lbs. & is 28 in.!! I'm not going to be able to carry her soon!! So I am hoping she slows down. And yes, our Dr. said they should slow down in the growth department between 6~12 months... so hopefully she will get a bit more average... I can't figure out where she got it from...??? HA!! xo
Little babies are great. It took Corbin a little while to catch up too, but now that he's 3 he is in the 90 percentile for height and 50th for weight. I bet Jackson will have a big growth spurt and you'll wonder how to keep up.
Hi! Its Emily, I just want you let you know I renamed my blog, for security purposes, it is http://starringemily.blogspot.com/
DON'T WORRY! My kids were about the same (not on the charts for weight and barely for height) until they were almost 18 months! Most private practice drs don't freak out but some at big med groups will give you a hard time. As long as they are eating & happy & growing at all, you don't need to stress it. I love that our kids are still on the small side, even though they act like BIG kids!
Uh, don't worry Wyatt has always been small. Seriously, the Dr.'s would look at me, like if their ready to call CPS on me. But he's a picky kid, I'm was not starving him.
I started giving him pedisure to help him gain weight, if you have problems with him not getting enough food or nutriuants see if you can give him that.
you would never know that from his pictures. he must carry most of his weight in those chucky cheeks!
Don't worry, My Trevor is in the
5th percentile too. In his height and weight. I've got 6'1 brothers and then I've got 5'7 bros. Jacob got a shorter brother too...and then there is 5'0 me too! I'm sure he'll be fine... My doctor recomened lots of peaunut butter sandwiches and potatoes.
Post a Comment