11.20.2007

THE BACHELOR... REALLY?


OK, So I have a confession to make, I am COMPLETELY obsessed with the TV show "The Bachelor," and I don't know how many of you got into that show, ever really. But I have NEVER seen a season finally quite like this one. I was so set on Jenni from Kansas, but she was the first to come out of the limo to go see Brad, so that meant that it wasnt her. I was so sad, and so was she. Then its time for Deanna to come out of the limo and I was so upset that I almost turned off the TV so that I didn't have to listen to what he was going to tell Deanna. But I'm so glad that I didn't. He started telling her that he wanted marriage to be a one time thing, and that he had just said good-bye to Jenni. So naturally Deanna got a BIG smile on her face, but Brad didn't look to excited to continue what he wanted to say. He then started pulling on his collar and had to take a minute and walk away. He then came back and said that he wanted so badly to be able to get down on his knee and give her the ring he had picked out. But he couldn't give her an empty promise. He told her that he couldn't honestly tell her that he loved her. So sat there with my mouth wide open and had nothing to say. I really couldn't believe it that he sent them both home. But tonight is the "after the final rose" episode on abc. So if you want to hear what his reasoning is as much as I do, DON'T miss it!

14 comments:

jeanine said...

I don't ever really watch but I'll watch a few minutes here and there if I happen to see it. I didn't watch the end though! Crazy!

Emily said...

I am also way into this season of the Bachelor and I hate to admit it!
I went to the Daughtry concert in LA last night, so I was unable to watch it, but the plan was to watch it tonight on the Internet.

So this morning, I decided to sneek a peak and see who he picked. Imagine my shock as I hear Jenny and then Deanna both crying on a replay of last night and I am completely confused. Who did he keep?

So I read the writing version of the episode and I am floored. My goal tonight is to watch what happened so I can be prepared for the big WHY! I really am annoyed.

He should have just said that even though he is not in love yet, he wants to build a relationship!

I guess on one side of the equation, life is kinda like this, majority of relationships don't work out and then when its the right time, place and man, Heavenly Father steps in and works a miracle.

Jenn said...

Miss Heidi, i too have watched every episode of The Bachelor this season and was completely in shock last night as well, i could not believe it! i was so disappointed that he didnt pick either one (even though i liked Jenni better) I kept thinking to myself "we watch this all season to see who he falls in love with & he picks no one" it was disappointing- ANYWAYS so i talked to the girls here at work today and they are convinced that he will pick one of them tonight... WEIRD if he does- But you can gaurantee that i will be watching the WHOLE episode tonight!

Shannon said...

That is great! I have seen quite a few episodes but not all of them. I didn't really like either girl very much....so I say way to go. Thanks for the play by play, it didn't watch last night but I was curious. The teaser made me think that maybe the girl he chose had said "no". Thanks for filling me in.

Traci Elizabeth said...

I also watch the show....and I was actually happy he didnt choose either girl. Did you know that not a single time have the bachelor and the girl he proposes to actually stayed together and got married.So, I think brad actually was realistic about it and didnt want to make a decision he wasnt sure about! We will see what happens tonight!

Heather E. said...

Ho you are too funny! You crack me up! I recorded tonight's episode for you....I watched part of it....you better come prepared with a sedative. Let me know when you are ready for the big show!

Jenn said...

ok Brad seriously has some issues, nothing was resolved last night.. what do you think?

Erin said...

I used to watch this show faithfully but i stopped a couple of seasons ago, however I did watch the season finale while i stayed up doing laundry the other night. I felt so bad for him in the end. I didnt catch the after the rose episode...what happened? WHY?

Anonymous said...

This was craziness! At first I was seriously ticked off at him, but now after watching "AFTER THE ROSE", I think that maybe he was just trying to fulfill his "role" as the bachelor and felt he had to choose one, but then in the end really didn't want to choose anyone. Obviously he couldn't leave mid-season, but maybe he would have if given the chance .... ANYHOW, glad I am not the only one who is still watching this show despite all the horrible seasons!
ps - Jenni should def. be the next BACHELORETTE!

Welch Family said...

Heidi, it's Jennifer Welch. I finally got my blog on-line. You can check it out at josephandjenniferwelch.blogspot.com

Good luck with everything. Sorry to interrupt your discussion of "The Bachelor," I didn't know how else to contact you.

julie said...

OK!! SO... I LOVE this show too! and can you even believe that I missed it??? And I missed the after show... But we are supposed to be thankful at this time of year, so... I am thankful that I can watch it all on my computer when I get home next week!!! Can't Wait!! And Happy belated Thanksgiving, we missed you guys. xo

Amber said...

I must say..I was furious about the ending! My first thought..."And to think all the time I invested into the show and this is it!" Ridiculous...and I must say it was obvious at the "after the rose" show that he had issues! SO SAD and a total disappointment. We missed your family at Thanksgiving. Hope you are all doing well.

Emily said...

I am torn about the ending. I feel that he kind of did the right thing because he wasn't a 100% sure about either girl. But...on the other hand why didn't he give Deanna a chance without all the reality TV crap. He did say that he thinks about her everyday, what does that say? I was crying for both of the girls for putting their heart out their (plus being pregnant makes you cry at almost anything).

Lisa Webb said...

Don't worry about your obsession, i tottally watch it to. So here is my theory, first i thought wow abc paid he a bunch of money to do that (which i still think could have been the case cause the show is losing ratings each season) but after seeing the final rose i think he has a wire in his brain that is disconnected. Obvious commitment issue but it was so werid when he was telling deanna, "i think about you everyday" and "i will miss you more than you know" can you say mind games!!! Werido!